Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #738
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: How are these numbers for a STOCK block?" Previous topic | Next topic
FlyinEsiMar-16-06 08:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#740, "RE: How are these numbers for a STOCK block?"
In response to In response to 1

The block and pistons must have all been some of the beginning parts of a cast run. I hear those are the best to get.

When I pulled my 7 bolt out and dropped the pistons I still had all the crosshatching in my cylinder walls and next to zero carbon build up on the pistons. Crank is beautiful, rods were great, bearings were not even worn at all after 70K miles. 40K of that being boosted at 19psi+, and most of that being untuned or roughly DSMlink tuned.

When I sent my block off to get rebuild the guy told me I saved $400 worth of machine work because my block was flawless. They did a couple things to get it ready for the new pistons, but he said it was one of the cleanest 7-bolt blocks he had ever seen.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

How are these numbers for a STOCK block? [View all] , ModeratoreclipzGST, Mar-15-06 06:54 PM
  RE: How are these numbers for a STOCK block?, ScreaminE, Mar-16-06 03:43 AM, #1
RE: How are these numbers for a STOCK block?, FlyinEsi, Mar-16-06 08:34 AM #2

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #738 Previous topic | Next topic