Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 4 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7695
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rough Idle, Got car running though!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
ScreaminENov-21-05 03:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7695, "Rough Idle, Got car running though!!!!"

Well I finally got my 1g running it took a while with a lot of minor work (am I'm still not anywhere close to having it where I want it). Soon as I got the fuel pump/ gas tank situation straighted out, I saw that some yay-hoo had taken all the injector stem seals out and I was spraying raw gas everywhere. Finally got some from the junkyard that has saved me and cranked it up. It really resisted for a long time. Didnt want to run at all and had ZERO throttle repsonse. After a bit of letting it idle itself out it finally cranked and had throttle response with rough ass idle. I took it around neighborhood for the first time and FELT BOOOOOST!!!

Anyway, it just sputters at ide and jumps RPM's like a bitch. Just wondering if anyone knows any quick checks I can do to figure this out. Tomorrow I am adjusting the BISS screw. Any other suggestions?

Car needs a timing belt but timing apears to be good.

On a side note, I was at the junkyard today looking at injector seals and was looking in the trunk of an old 1g and there was a brand spanking new in the box timing belt for an eclipse DOHC.The lady sold it to me for a dollar!

I love my junkyard www.pullapart.com look up some of those prices, and they have thousands of cars.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Rough Idle, Got car running though!!!! [View all] , ScreaminE, Nov-21-05 03:31 PM
  RE: Rough Idle, Got car running though!!!!, Blizare, Nov-22-05 07:15 AM, #1
RE: Rough Idle, Got car running though!!!!, TeamJeff_99gs, Nov-22-05 07:37 AM, #2
      RE: Rough Idle, Got car running though!!!!, ScreaminE, Nov-22-05 09:55 AM, #3
           RE: Rough Idle, Got car running though!!!!, kelvinb1, Nov-22-05 10:06 AM, #4
                Timing is SCREWED UP, ScreaminE, Nov-27-05 01:42 PM, #5
                     RE: Timing is SCREWED UP, Blizare, Nov-28-05 09:08 AM, #6
                          RE: Timing is SCREWED UP, ScreaminE, Nov-28-05 11:17 AM, #7
                               RE: Timing is SCREWED UP, Diceman19, Nov-28-05 03:47 PM, #8
                                    RE: Timing is SCREWED UP, ScreaminE, Nov-28-05 06:06 PM, #9

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7695 Previous topic | Next topic