Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #10962
View in linear mode

Subject: "Update on the TSI.......started it but not driven yet...." Previous topic | Next topic
a_miller_76May-14-04 09:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10962, "Update on the TSI.......started it but not driven yet...."

Okay, so I went back to the dealership and started the TSI just to check it out. There are a few problems I've noticed but they are minor things.

**REMEMBER THIS HAS A BRAND NEW ENGINE IN IT**

The o2 sensor wires have been spliced into....probably for an AF gauge.

The Airbox is missing the bottom half with no filter...probably had an aftermarket intake at one time.

There is a box zip tied in next to the BOV with a few wires coming out of it....didn't want to remove it so I have no idea what it is.

And there is a switch installed in the car that I don't know what it goes to.

And last of all...when you put the car in Park to take the key out you have to push the shifter forward for the key to release. I'm sure it's probably just a switch that has shifted that I can just bend back....but someone either reinforce that or inform me that the tranny is fucked.

Now, the GOOD news.

All the windows work fine. Sunroof works fine. Interior is in good shape. And the engine purs like a showroom car. Well, other than it has some home made cat back system on it which looks like my ass after chilli and exlax night.

So I talked the guy down to $1500 for the car. Hell, I know some of this is questionable, but damnit I wanted a GSX to start with and I couldn't afford it.....I can afford this, I know how to fix this shit now and where to get parts, and I can sell my 2gnt and have $400 a month to spend on this car.

So should I go forward with it?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Update on the TSI.......started it but not driven yet.... [View all] , a_miller_76, May-14-04 09:07 AM
  RE: Update on the TSI.......started it but not driven yet...., Remy, May-14-04 09:25 AM, #1

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #10962 Previous topic | Next topic