Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #49096
View in linear mode

Subject: "Checking in with some new cars" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorCorbinSep-19-17 05:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49096, "Checking in with some new cars"
Sep-19-17 06:00 PM by Corbin

This place will always be home for me so I feel like I have to check in occasionally. A week ago, I sold the 2004 Highlander that nobody wants to drive in favor of a 2009 IS350:

Color is deep sea mica, which glows during the day and turns black in the evening. 32,000 miles, 300 Hp, RWD, with the sport suspension/rims. It feels really solid and is in nearly perfect condition (the previous owner must have been super anal about caring for it). It is going to be tough, but my intention is for this to be the completely stock "around town" family transportation. It has four doors and reasonable space in the back:

Now I can take the family out to dinner without borrowing my wife's car or driving the car for people who hate cars (Highlander). Speaking of my wife's car, we sold the 2005 Mini Cooper S in favor of this:

A 2017 V60 in flamenco red metallic. It is a 2.0l turbo with 240 Hp, AWD, and sport suspension/rims. I'm not a Volvo guy and railed hard against it, but they have produced a very solid feeling car, that is responsive, good looking, and functional. I'm a little worried about reliability, but I've got seven years of warranty ahead of me. Don't worry, I haven't sold out yet:

Here is the Talon (GSX) in its natural habitat (in garage with hood up). I drive it to work most days and pick away at some problem most weekends. The current hurdle is getting the AC to hold refrigerant with a custom condenser install.

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Checking in with some new cars [View all] , ModeratorCorbin, Sep-19-17 05:58 PM
  RE: Checking in with some new cars, John99RS, Jan-08-18 12:27 PM, #1
RE: Checking in with some new cars, megaskillz, Jan-10-18 03:36 PM, #2
      RE: Checking in with some new cars, cms, Oct-28-18 05:01 PM, #3

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #49096 Previous topic | Next topic