Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #49037
View in linear mode

Subject: "That'll buff out" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorVX100Feb-06-16 06:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49037, "That'll buff out"

Yep, tree broke during the storm friday, crashed down on the power lines, dad's car, and the eclipse. I thought the car was totaled when I was told about it Friday night, considering the branch is at least 10 inches in diameter. Got to my parent's house today (that's where it was parked) and freed the car from the branch. I put a step ladder under it on the passenger side of the car, cut off some smaller branches from the big one until it was free, then backed it out. Should have taken a pic of that just to show off a creative solution to the problem.

Don't worry I stayed away from the power lines. If the power lines were on my car I wouldn't have touched it, but if you know me then you know as long as I wasn't going to get electrocuted there was no way I was going to wait to free it and get it to a shop. My dad's car is still trapped, probably no damage or superficial damage to his car but the power lines are stuck between his and the branch so I left it for the power company. The house still has power so they won't come until they deal with people who don't have power first. I wasn't willing to wait that long.

After freeing it and clearing the snow off, the primary damage as you can see below is the smashed sunroof and dented roof on the right front corner. I think the frame is ok from the looks of it, and besides that there were maybe one or two very minor dings in the hood and quarter panel, and for some reason the plastic trim under the wiper blades on the driver's side where the air intake is was broken, luckily I guess that one part hit here and not the windshield.

The owner of the body shop the family goes to picked it up and said it wasn't too bad at first look so hopefully it will be fine and not cost quite so much after insurance.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

That'll buff out [View all] , ModeratorVX100, Feb-06-16 06:19 PM
  RE: That'll buff out, Moderatorxcasbonx, Feb-09-16 02:08 PM, #1
RE: That'll buff out, ez, Feb-10-16 01:32 AM, #2
      RE: That'll buff out, ModeratorVX100, Feb-13-16 03:56 PM, #3

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #49037 Previous topic | Next topic