Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48995
View in linear mode

Subject: "EVO X/Ralliart AWC hydraulic unit, warranty extension" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorVX100Jan-20-15 10:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48995, "EVO X/Ralliart AWC hydraulic unit, warranty extension"

Posted this in case anyone here has an EVO X or Ralliart.

When I went to the dealer a couple of weeks ago to get the Ralliart looked at (transmission issue), the service manager told me they had a number of EVOs and Ralliarts come in for bad AWC hydraulic pumps, and that the warranty only covers them for 3 years/36k miles (not part of powertrain warranty). Also the pump is (yikes) $1200.

Well, I just got a letter from Mitsubishi, stating the AWC hydraulic unit in an EVO X or Ralliart can corrode and fail due to exposure to salt from the road, and that because of this they are extending the warranty on the AWC hydraulic unit from failure due to corrosion up to 10 years and 100k miles. Also if you had the unit replaced due to it being corroded and had to pay for it, you can send the repair order or invoice and receipt to Mitsubishi for reimbursement.

So if you have an EVO X, keep this in mind. I guess they determined most of the failures were due to corrosion and extended the warranty because of this.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

EVO X/Ralliart AWC hydraulic unit, warranty extension [View all] , ModeratorVX100, Jan-20-15 10:14 PM
  RE: EVO X/Ralliart AWC hydraulic unit, warranty extension, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-21-15 12:03 AM, #1
RE: EVO X/Ralliart AWC hydraulic unit, warranty extension, The1Bill, Feb-23-15 11:34 PM, #2

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48995 Previous topic | Next topic