Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #12117
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Network Neutrality: Save the Internet" Previous topic | Next topic
.bs0dJul-12-06 10:05 AM
Member since Jan 14th 2004
597 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12203, "RE: Network Neutrality: Save the Internet"
In response to In response to 5
Jul-12-06 10:05 AM by .bs0d

i got a reply, here it is:

"Dear Mr. blablabla:

Thank you for writing me regarding the issue of net neutrality. I appreciate your taking the time to write.

The past century saw great changes in technology, bringing with it new or improved means of communications. These technological changes create an ever-shrinking world. However, they have also created new challenges in oversight. Congress has repeatedly updated telecommunications laws as new trends emerge. The most recent reorganization of telecommunications regulations came with the 1996 Telecommunications Act. Since 1996, we have experienced additional changes and challenges in the telecommunications industry. Congress recognizes these changes and has begun debating how to best alter current law to further promote competition, spur investment in infrastructure and stimulate technological advances.

I understand your concerns about net neutrality. This is an important topic of debate as Congress continues to consider numerous proposals to update our telecommunications laws. The Senate Commerce Committee is currently debating S. 2686, the Communications, Consumer's Choice, and Broadband Deployment Act introduced by Senator Ted Stevens (R-AK). This legislation was introduced earlier this year and would make it easier for phone companies to compete with cable companies in the video market. Included in the bill is a provision that would direct the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to conduct an annual study on the issue of net neutrality, and if it finds problems, to make recommendations to Congress about what authority they need to address the issue. S. 2686 awaits further action by the Senate Commerce Committee.

As the debate surrounding renewal of the telecommunications laws continues, I will be sure to keep your comments in mind. I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I look forward to your continued advice and counsel.

With every best wish,

Sincerely,
Pat Roberts"

--------------------------

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Network Neutrality: Save the Internet [View all] , .bs0d, Jul-10-06 04:31 PM
  RE: Network Neutrality: Save the Internet, Moderatormicyek, Jul-11-06 04:11 AM, #1
RE: Network Neutrality: Save the Internet, TeamDR1665, Jul-11-06 06:22 AM, #2
      RE: Network Neutrality: Save the Internet, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Jul-11-06 08:29 AM, #3
           RE: Network Neutrality: Save the Internet, TeamDR1665, Jul-11-06 08:54 AM, #4
                RE: Network Neutrality: Save the Internet, saikou, Jul-11-06 04:59 PM, #5
                     RE: Network Neutrality: Save the Internet, .bs0d, Jul-12-06 10:05 AM #6

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #12117 Previous topic | Next topic