Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #1375
View in linear mode

Subject: "Computer ppl. Sound card woes." Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratormicyekJan-19-06 04:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1375, "Computer ppl. Sound card woes."
Jan-19-06 05:00 AM by micyek

Apparently I'm too stupid to figure this out...even though I built the whole damn computer from the ground up. I have a Asus A7N8X-X motherboard, which has onboard sound. I noticed while playing some games my frame rate goes down when there is a lot of sound effects going on, so I decided to get a cheap sound card to free up some resources. So I bought one from newegg for like 8 bucks and it was a miserable failure. I thought it was the card and flipped out on it and tossed it the garbage and ordered a slightly more expensive Creative Sound Blaster for 20 something. But when I install it I have the same issue. Windows hangs up on the boot screen. Now I'm smart enough to know that I'm supposed to disable the onboard sound in the bios, I also disabled the onboard game controller port (because the new card has one), the midi device, and even the modem for good measure (becasue I know some modems have sound and I don't use the modem anyway). Then I went into Windows and removed anything to with sound/midi/and gaming controls though the device manager and rebooted with the new card in...and it still hangs up on that damn boot screen. It boots fine in safe mode or with out the card in so either I'm missing something in the bios or the windows drivers or both. If you have any ideas lemme know? TIA!

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Computer ppl. Sound card woes. [View all] , Moderatormicyek, Jan-19-06 04:58 AM
  RE: Computer ppl. Sound card woes., dsmmyth, Jan-19-06 05:24 AM, #1
RE: Computer ppl. Sound card woes., Moderatormicyek, Jan-19-06 05:32 AM, #2
      RE: Computer ppl. Sound card woes., dsmmyth, Jan-19-06 06:06 AM, #3
           RE: Computer ppl. Sound card woes., Eric, Jan-19-06 11:15 AM, #4
                RE: Computer ppl. Sound card woes., midnitetill678, Jan-20-06 06:02 AM, #5
                     RE: Computer ppl. Sound card woes., Moderatormicyek, Jan-20-06 09:14 AM, #6
                          RE: Computer ppl. Sound card woes., DanKid, Jan-20-06 05:33 PM, #7
                               RE: Computer ppl. Sound card woes., ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-21-06 12:09 AM, #8

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #1375 Previous topic | Next topic