Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8149
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: $15 rear camber kit? how many washers??" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSMar-29-02 10:11 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8152, "RE: $15 rear camber kit? how many washers??"
In response to In response to 0

Yep i had the same problem with my drop, which is only about 1.75" in the rear. I went and did this to my car. I got some thin fender washers, i believe 1 1/2" in diameter, and a 3/8" center hole. These washers will go against the actual fender. I used these to help distribute more of the forces to the fender, by using a larger diameter washer. Then on top of the fender washer, i used a 1/2" hex nut, which center hole is just large enough for the metric bolt to go through. I did this because i did not want all those washers in there, so the thickness of the nut takes the place of the 4 washers. Then on top of this nut, goes the control arm bracket of the car. On one side of the car, i belive my drivers side, this made the camber almost perfectly in spec. The other side was still off some, so i added 2 of the previous washers on each bolt on the pass side, and then it lined up good. The total camber with this set up is only .02 off between both sides. Why one side needed more washers, i don't know. I still am a little skeptical of doing this, but there still is plenty of bolt in the fender to keep it tight, and hopefully not break. I do believe i'm going to get the Ingalls rear adjustment kit, and it looks like that kit gives you 2 new control arm legs that the bolts go through, and washers, and also longer bolts. To be safe, i'd get the ingalls kit, for the amount of drop you have. I wouldn't use all those washers..play it safe.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

$15 rear camber kit? how many washers?? [View all] , Talon95Stang, Mar-29-02 02:29 AM
  RE: $15 rear camber kit? how many washers??, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Mar-29-02 03:24 AM, #1
RE: $15 rear camber kit? how many washers??, randy, Mar-29-02 06:19 AM, #2
RE: $15 rear camber kit? how many washers??, TeamXtremeRS, Mar-29-02 10:11 AM #3
RE: $15 rear camber kit? how many washers??, Talon95Stang, Mar-30-02 08:11 PM, #4
RE: $15 rear camber kit? how many washers??, Teamicjeclipse, Mar-31-02 03:31 AM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8149 Previous topic | Next topic