Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6993
View in linear mode

Subject: "Spring is loose on strut but all bolts are tight, WTF" Previous topic | Next topic
damastaFeb-21-02 12:25 PM
Member since Dec 16th 2001
302 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6993, "Spring is loose on strut but all bolts are tight, WTF"

Aiight, I've been riding on stock struts and H&R sport springs (1.5" drop) the ride is bouncy and sucks, anyway I put Tokico blues on and the springs can basically spin completely around the strut with the cap and piston nut as tight as can be, I mean it's threaded all the way, 100%. This is with the strut OFF the car, when the strut/spring assembly is reinstalled and the weight of the car is on the setup I'm assuming the spring is tightly seated, although there is no way to check.

Is this normal? Iamnotwhoiam, said he had the same problem in a current post, anyone else experience this?

Coo'
alex_ries@hotmail.com

Coo'
alex_ries@hotmail.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Spring is loose on strut but all bolts are tight, WTF [View all] , damasta, Feb-21-02 12:25 PM
  RE: Spring is loose on strut but all bolts are tight, WTF, John99RS, Feb-21-02 12:35 PM, #1
RE: Spring is loose on strut but all bolts are tight, WTF, vegasdsmr, Feb-21-02 04:13 PM, #2
      RE: Spring is loose on strut but all bolts are tight, WTF, damasta, Feb-21-02 04:16 PM, #3
           RE: Spring is loose on strut but all bolts are tight, WTF, madregal, Feb-22-02 07:12 AM, #4
                RE: Spring is loose on strut but all bolts are tight, WTF, John99RS, Feb-22-02 07:58 AM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6993 Previous topic | Next topic