Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33801
View in linear mode

Subject: "Stock KYB shocks plain oil shocks, not gas shocks, so don't re-extend when manually compressed" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorjuanMar-15-13 03:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33801, "Stock KYB shocks plain oil shocks, not gas shocks, so don't re-extend when manually compressed"

Just confirming that with the stock shocks, if you manually compress them, they don't push back out once released, right?

I found my stockies in the garage, and had posted them up on eBay. Someone asked to check that they all extend at the same rate, but since they are not gas-filled shocks, that won't happen. They've been static for quite a while up to now, and the first couple cycles were actually pretty easy, but as the oil was worked through they stiffened up a fair bit. Good to go, right?

-juan

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Stock KYB shocks plain oil shocks, not gas shocks, so don't re-extend when manually compressed [View all] , Moderatorjuan, Mar-15-13 03:52 AM
  RE: Stock KYB shocks plain oil shocks, not gas shocks, so don't re-extend when manually compressed, Moderatorbullettdsm, Mar-15-13 04:07 AM, #1
RE: Stock KYB shocks plain oil shocks, not gas shocks, so don't re-extend when manually compressed, John99RS, Mar-16-13 05:35 PM, #2
RE: Stock KYB shocks plain oil shocks, not gas shocks, so don't re-extend when manually compressed, Moderatorbullettdsm, Mar-16-13 07:53 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33801 Previous topic | Next topic