Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33789
View in linear mode

Subject: "Prothane - Front lower control arm bushing" Previous topic | Next topic
MCubed45Feb-27-13 09:58 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33789, "Prothane - Front lower control arm bushing"

Hey guys,

Does replacing the bushings on the lower control arm with poly negatively affect anything?

I know people recommend not replace the bushing that mounts to the shock fork b/c it seems to cause excess shock wear. But I was looking at the geometry of the stock suspension and it seems like the inboard bushing on the lower control arm is intended to allow for some horizontal movement of the arm as the the wheels are turned left or right.

Wouldn't replacing that rubber bushing with a rigid poly bushing hinder this steering movement?

-marc

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Prothane - Front lower control arm bushing [View all] , MCubed45, Feb-27-13 09:58 PM
  RE: Prothane - Front lower control arm bushing, eclipse420ags, Mar-07-13 12:28 PM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33789 Previous topic | Next topic