Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26088
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?" Previous topic | Next topic
typhoid maryJan-26-05 01:31 PM
Member since Dec 26th 2004
24 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26251, "RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?"
In response to In response to 22
Jan-26-05 01:35 PM by typhoid mary

Originally posted by Extreme Eclipse
Originally posted by typhoid mary As long as there are ricers the term rice will always be around. If you like widebody ecliipses then fine that's your thing and good for you if you've made into magazines. Thing is that typically if you want in a magazine with a DSM your not going to get it unless your car has some sort of body kit. I'm not saying this to offend you but seriously look at the magazines and tell me how often you see a DSM without some sort of body kit or a exotic paintjob. If they didn't put cars like yours in magazines then companies like bomex and blitz would not pay for advertising. Stock body styles don't sell advertising space.
I don't exactly understand what your point is. DSM, Honda, Nissian, doesn't matter what you drive, you wont get magazine coverage without signifigant work period. Your right, people want to see cars they don't see on a regular basis so why would they publish a stock body ANYTHING. What I am saying is, DEFINE Rice!! then have everybody else define rice. I bet you anything, you all have various opinions on what rice is. Like I said, I have buddies that own Trans Am's that would call you Stock Body Eclipse Japanese Rice. Rice is a term used by the uneducated and the ignorant. Not to question your education level, but do you actually know how the term came about or do you just say it because you here everybody else saying it.

Trying to narrow down what peoples definition of rice is too difficult. Most people have varied opinions. Fine if you don't want the term used then I'll pick another. Ghetto, bling, tacky, is what I would tag a modification to the car that serves no actual funtion then to pretend the car is something it is not. It is the cancer that plauges the import scene all together. People putting wings on FWD cars, roof scoops on cars that are not competing in WRC and yes, putting wider tires and wheels on the back of a FWD car. Getting in a magazine is not difficult at all depending on the magazine and who you know. If you don't believe me then look at the pieces of crap that made it into the NOPI magazine last year. You could take a stock Eclipse and do nothing more than put an wild body kit on it and make all sorts of show type modifications to the engine bay. Slapping a mass produced body kit, chrome wheels, and a fiberglass enclosure does not constitute "rice" necessarily but it is the furthest thing away from functional performance. While it may impress one particular group of people it also feeds the stereotping that has come along with owning an import. Not everyone here wants to have a bodykitted up car nor do they want to have a big wing, lambo doors or anything else you might dream up. Some people here are actually concerned with performance.

And to answer your question about if I know where the term "rice" comes from. Yes I do, and I know that the term at least in it's original form is most likely older than you or I. It is a term that has evolved over the years and has lost the initial racial connotation that it once had. There are some things that everyone would agree is rice and then there are others that vary from person to person.

I respect the fact that you put a lot of work into your body kit and your car but you have to understand that just because you put all that work into it does not mean that some people will not still see it as "rice". While some people may like your car and think that it looks nice others will laugh at you. I myself don't care either way and I feel to each his own but at the same time I feel if you are trying to build a peformance car then why would you do something as stupid as putting larger tires and wheels on the a FWD car that has no widebody kit? I agree with you that if you are running a widebody kit it MIGHT make sense to have wider wheels in the back to even the body lines. However your car is not trying to be a 1/4 mile car or a dyno queen is it? Odds are you are going for the show value of the car instead am I right?

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. The good part about them is you don't have to like mine and I don't have to like yours. That doesn't mean we can't find a common ground here and agree to disagree.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse? [View all] , siueclipse, Jan-10-05 05:13 PM
  RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?, typhoid mary, Jan-10-05 05:37 PM, #1
RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?, Blizare, Jan-11-05 01:11 PM, #2
      RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?, typhoid mary, Jan-11-05 01:19 PM, #3
           RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?, BumpinTalon, Jan-11-05 02:42 PM, #4
                RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?, typhoid mary, Jan-11-05 03:25 PM, #5
                     RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?, BumpinTalon, Jan-11-05 03:54 PM, #6
                          RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?, typhoid mary, Jan-11-05 05:00 PM, #7
                               RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?, 420a-Tnthewerks, Jan-11-05 06:01 PM, #8
                                    RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?, WickedESi, Jan-11-05 06:39 PM, #9
                                         RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?, siueclipse, Jan-11-05 07:03 PM, #10
                                              RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?, Doug96GS, Jan-18-05 05:57 PM, #11
                                                   RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?, typhoid mary, Jan-18-05 08:12 PM, #12
                                                        RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?, Ryan_Hes, Jan-18-05 08:26 PM, #13
                                                        RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?, Doug96GS, Jan-19-05 09:31 AM, #14
                                                             RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?, cyan, Jan-23-05 02:29 PM, #15
                                                                  RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?, typhoid mary, Jan-23-05 03:05 PM, #16
                                                                       RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?, cyan, Jan-24-05 04:39 PM, #17
                                                                            RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?, typhoid mary, Jan-24-05 06:32 PM, #18
                                                                                 RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?, 96eclipse2nr, Jan-24-05 07:09 PM, #19
                                                                                      RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?, Extreme Eclipse, Jan-25-05 06:32 PM, #20
                                                                                           RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?, typhoid mary, Jan-26-05 03:26 AM, #21
                                                                                                RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?, Extreme Eclipse, Jan-26-05 11:03 AM, #22
                                                                                                     RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?, typhoid mary, Jan-26-05 01:31 PM #23
                                                                                                          RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?, Extreme Eclipse, Jan-26-05 04:14 PM, #24
                                                                                                               RE: would it be stupid to run staggered wheels on an eclipse?, typhoid mary, Jan-26-05 05:46 PM, #25

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26088 Previous topic | Next topic