Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22843
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Help with my car that rides like SHIZZLE!" Previous topic | Next topic
REV_GSlowMar-06-04 12:15 PM
Member since Apr 26th 2002
1312 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22844, "RE: Help with my car that rides like SHIZZLE!"
In response to In response to 0

Well your question can be answered in many ways..where exactly do you want to go with your suspension? You can buy kyb gr2's and keep the stock springs, which will give you the feeling of stock again. More options include new springs(Goldline, 2inch drop..Eibach, 1-2 inches depending on model...Tein, 1 inch or so with a lifetime warranty and so on) If your looking for an adjustable shock/strut combo look into tokico illuminas or kyb agx's, these allow for tuning of the suspension. If you want to have a stiff ride for corners etc or if you like to have a confortable pimp ride, then these are the ones for you. I myself have kyb gr2's and the only problem i have is that you cant be too low with them, so if you plan on lowering more than 2 inches or so, i wouldnt suggest them. Now, if you would like to be able to adjust the height of your car, go with coilovers. Tein makes an awesome setup (their basic), which you can find for 675-750ish, which throw together the strut/shock and springs. This is a direct bolt on application btw. You can also buy coil overs that need a different set of struts/shocks, which is what i did.

kyb gr2's- 200 for all four
kyb agx's- 88-100 a peice
Tokico Blue's- 65-75 a peice??
Tokico Illuminas- 420+ for all four

You can see where im going here, do a little research in the handling suspension section and then let us know what you want, im sure we can help you out a bit more.

EclipsedChef was my first name..Member #460!

::::..Under Construction..::::

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Help with my car that rides like SHIZZLE! [View all] , 1998EclipseRS, Mar-06-04 05:42 AM
  RE: Help with my car that rides like SHIZZLE!, REV_GSlow, Mar-06-04 12:15 PM #1
RE: Help with my car that rides like SHIZZLE!, bullox, Mar-06-04 12:29 PM, #2
      RE: Help with my car that rides like SHIZZLE!, 1998EclipseRS, Mar-07-04 04:12 AM, #3
           RE: Help with my car that rides like SHIZZLE!, REV_GSlow, Mar-07-04 09:14 AM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22843 Previous topic | Next topic