Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #18362
View in linear mode

Subject: "possible wheel hub bering gone? Help please!" Previous topic | Next topic
RxR_EclipseJun-12-03 07:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18362, "possible wheel hub bering gone? Help please!"

Alright guys. I can hear a rumbling noise comming from the passenger side of the car. Here is the kicker. When I turn LEFT just slightly the noise goes away. When I turn RIGHT it gets louder. This only happens when I get up to 30mph +.
I spoke with a shop and they thought it was classic symptom's of bad wheel hub berings. I priced them out today and they are at around $100.
My questions are as follows.
Do you think it is the front or the rear? I jacked up the the car and pulled on both of them and the front one wiggled a bit. (More than the driver side for sure). The back one did not budge a bit.
If it is not that then what? Has anyone had this happen before?

BTW I am lowered (about 1.5 in on sprint sports), tokiko illum's, 15$ camber mod with no tire wear for the past year and a half. The front has never worn.

TIA
KJ

Kevin
The old:

The new:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

possible wheel hub bering gone? Help please! [View all] , RxR_Eclipse, Jun-12-03 07:35 PM
  RE: possible wheel hub bering gone? Help please!, Eclipse97, Jun-12-03 08:24 PM, #1
RE: possible wheel hub bering gone? Help please!, wickedtalon, Jun-13-03 02:48 AM, #2
      RE: possible wheel hub bering gone? Help please!, RxR_Eclipse, Jun-13-03 04:57 AM, #3
           RE: possible wheel hub bering gone? Help please!, RxR_Eclipse, Jun-15-03 06:11 AM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #18362 Previous topic | Next topic