Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16720
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: any last rear disc tips?" Previous topic | Next topic
augie28Mar-31-03 01:28 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
32 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16747, "RE: any last rear disc tips?"
In response to In response to 0

with the shield/caliper mount, did you get the parking brake shoes, levers, springs and retainers? it's been about a year since i did mine, so my memory might play tricks on me, but i don't think any of your current drum brake parts will work for the parking drum brakes. the shoes, springs and retainers are cheap from autozone or advance, but the levers are a dealer item. of course if you have all the parts i have mentioned above no worries. the only other things i can mention are check your wheel bearings/hubs while you are at it since you have to remove them to change out the dust shield for the caliper mount. and i had to file the slot on the back side of the caliper mount/shield where the clip that holds the parking brake cable in place goes a little so the clip would fit properly. good luck

95 ECLIPSE RS, HRC STAGE 1, CUSTOM SPEARCO FRONT MOUNT, REAR DISC CONVERSION, SUSPENSION TECHNIQUES SWAY BARS, EIBACH PRO-KIT, KYB STRUTS, POWER STOP ROTORS FRONT, POWERSLOT REAR, MISSING LINC, CUSTOM UPHOLSTERED SEATS, PHOENIX GOLD, BOSTON ACOUSTICS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

any last rear disc tips? [View all] , DemonEclipse, Mar-29-03 06:48 PM
  RE: any last rear disc tips?, augie28, Mar-31-03 01:28 PM #1
RE: any last rear disc tips?, finn_dsm, Apr-02-03 06:50 AM, #2
RE: any last rear disc tips?, DemonEclipse, Apr-02-03 04:33 PM, #3
      RE: any last rear disc tips?, DemonEclipse, Apr-05-03 06:45 AM, #4
           RE: any last rear disc tips?, HadesOmega, Apr-07-03 12:10 PM, #5
                RE: any last rear disc tips?, DemonEclipse, Apr-08-03 05:29 PM, #6
                     RE: any last rear disc tips?, HadesOmega, Apr-09-03 11:02 AM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16720 Previous topic | Next topic