Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16424
View in linear mode

Subject: "Notes on Deano's Drum to Disc Write-Up (and something for Todd)" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamMichael_97RSMar-16-03 07:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16424, "Notes on Deano's Drum to Disc Write-Up (and something for Todd)"

Finished the install of the disc brakes yesterday, replacing front calipers and bleeding the systemn later today.

Some notes on the write-up.

3. I didn't find it neccessary to cut the carpet, you can pull the rearseat and slide the carpet down and out of the side trim panels.

9. In case you forget which way the hub came out: Flat side down rounded side on top.

10. I found it easier to pull the grommet, slide it over the cable, then work the grommet back into the car.

I did this with the whole car supported by jack-stands. I highly recommend this way, with just the rear or only one side up, working space would be limited.

And some info for Todd.
Out of curosity i weighed the discs vs. the drums.
The disc itself weighs a couple pounds less than the drums. 9lbs vs. 11lbs. So the overall weight of the system may be greater with disc brakes, but the rotational mass will be less.

15.9 @ 86.7mph
97 Eclipse RS

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Stage 2 Cams, Hooker Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Notes on Deano's Drum to Disc Write-Up (and something for Todd) [View all] , TeamMichael_97RS, Mar-16-03 07:58 AM
  RE: Notes on Deano's Drum to Disc Write-Up (and something for Todd), shuwa29, Mar-16-03 10:35 AM, #1
RE: Notes on Deano's Drum to Disc Write-Up (and something for Todd), TeamJasonESi_T, Mar-17-03 05:58 AM, #2
RE: Notes on Deano's Drum to Disc Write-Up (and something for Todd), TeamMichael_97RS, Mar-17-03 08:07 AM, #3
      RE: Notes on Deano's Drum to Disc Write-Up (and something for Todd), iamnotwhoiam, Mar-17-03 09:02 PM, #4
           RE: Notes on Deano's Drum to Disc Write-Up (and something for Todd), HadesOmega, Mar-18-03 12:14 AM, #5
                RE: Notes on Deano's Drum to Disc Write-Up (and something for Todd), TeamMichael_97RS, Mar-18-03 05:39 AM, #6
                     RE: Notes on Deano's Drum to Disc Write-Up (and something for Todd), ModeratorVX100, Mar-21-03 08:01 AM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16424 Previous topic | Next topic