Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #4292
View in linear mode

Subject: "front pass side bottoming out??" Previous topic | Next topic
mcgyvrNov-26-01 08:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4292, "front pass side bottoming out??"

i have maxspeed coilovers/koni yellows that i put in around march 2001, i had it droped to about 1 finger tire gap and no problems, now i raised it for the winter (stock height almost)and the left front side bottoms out, all i did was raised car and moved perches up on the maxspeeds, could Koni shock be bad already?? What else could be wrong, the sleeve is not collapsing on the perch, the tires are worn bad, could it just be a bad sidewall on the tire?? i really need alignment too could it be that?? could my spring have collasped?? it looks fine, its not like the height on one side is different than the other. NEED HELP. this is even on small to medium bumps. I have the konis set on the stiffest setting too, i dont want to but any less and i really bottom out

HELP???
Mods are iceman intake, ported TB, UD pulley, Flowmaster 50 series muffler, magnecore 8.5mm wires, bosal header, S-AFC, JSP mini-scorpion wing, dreamspeed coilovers, koni yellows, tranny cooler, dual 6" silver

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

front pass side bottoming out?? [View all] , mcgyvr, Nov-26-01 08:02 AM
  RE: front pass side bottoming out??, iamnotwhoiam, Nov-26-01 08:20 AM, #1
RE: front pass side bottoming out??, mcgyvr, Nov-26-01 08:28 AM, #2
my guess would be the compression is blown, TeamDeanoD, Nov-26-01 08:29 AM, #3
RE: my guess would be the compression is blown, mcgyvr, Nov-26-01 09:01 AM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #4292 Previous topic | Next topic