Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5848
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: 2.4 ms3 won't start, explosions..." Previous topic | Next topic
Tired2Jul-01-14 02:27 PM
Member since Sep 23rd 2012
124 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5852, "RE: 2.4 ms3 won't start, explosions..."
In response to In response to 0

Yea, be sure you check your timing with a light. If you either unplug your injectors or hold the (calibrated) throttle all the way down (flood clear mode), you won't fuel the car. You want the car to spark but not fire.

You might make sure you can spin the engine by hand first w/o the starter, to be sure your timing is not WAY off.

Once you check it, you should get 0 degrees with 0 offset. If you have to change the offset, be sure you know why it differs from what it should be (i.e. using a non factory trigger wheel or something). The stock 420A style hall crank pos sensor should be 0 degrees of timing at 0 degrees offset once MS has decoded it properly. You did tell it your timing (crank) trigger source, correct? Mine is "420A", though I'm not 100% sure the 2.4 motors use the same thing.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

2.4 ms3 won't start, explosions... [View all] , Fabs, Mar-08-14 09:47 AM
  RE: 2.4 ms3 won't start, explosions..., Tired2, Jul-01-14 02:27 PM #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5848 Previous topic | Next topic