Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2291
View in linear mode

Subject: "034 EIC Tunning...theory." Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratormicyekJul-26-06 08:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2291, "034 EIC Tunning...theory."

At any rate, my eyes have really been opened to the boosting while in closed loop "issue". My EGT's raise pretty quickly when I'm on the highway cruising at 75-80ish and I just want to accelerate a little. I can't do that without building boost on my smallish T3 turbo. Seeing the boost gauge around 5psi in that RPM range and the watching EGT's rise from 1425 to 1600 in a matter of seconds and looking at the wideband and have it hover 14.5 to 15 is a bit frustrating.

So here's my theory (even though I while thinking this through I've determined this probably won't work) As the turbo starts to build positive pressure (while in closed loop of course) the EIC kicks on the secondary injectors just as it should, but since the factory ECU still thinks it should keep the engine running at 14.7:1 so it starts shutting down the primary injectors to compensate for the extra fuel that it really doesn't know the engine is getting from the secondaries. Why the ECU doesn't freak out about that is probably a small miracle. So my thought is, just dump a shit ton of fuel (in that problem window) from the secondaries until it maxes out the trims and gives you the desired A/F. The problem with that is the engine will run stupid rich in that "problem window" during open loop operation. But I didn't think of that until I had most of this typed, so I thought I would see what you guys thought anyway. Although during open loop acceleration the time it would be in that window would be relatively brief. So that might help the being rich situation.

This 034 is nice and I like tinkering with it. But I can already see it's limitations, between this closed loop thing and no temperature correction, I've already planted some MSnS seeds. Rather than wasting more money on a separate timing control something or other.

Also once I get around to installing my FMIC I'm hoping that'll help a bit. But with being married now and my daily driver all kinds of f'ed up it's hard to find time to do things to the Talon other than road tuning to and from work...LOL.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

034 EIC Tunning...theory. [View all] , Moderatormicyek, Jul-26-06 08:21 AM
  RE: 034 EIC Tunning...theory., Chamuko, Jul-26-06 09:56 AM, #1
RE: 034 EIC Tunning...theory., ModeratorCorbin, Aug-17-06 03:22 AM, #2
RE: 034 EIC Tunning...theory., JustOne, Oct-03-06 06:50 PM, #3
      RE: 034 EIC Tunning...theory., Chamuko, Oct-13-06 10:17 PM, #4
      RE: 034 EIC Tunning...theory., ModeratorCorbin, Oct-18-06 03:15 PM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2291 Previous topic | Next topic