Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3767
View in linear mode

Subject: "Inconsistent results!" Previous topic | Next topic
taclipseMay-09-08 11:45 AM
Member since Apr 12th 2004
200 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3767, "Inconsistent results!"

I am running MS1 v3 with wickedesi's board mods and the fairchild alternatives to the vb921. My buddy John (aka J. panther) has been running MS on his boosted mx3 for a while now and is very confident in his tuning skills. We took the car out to do some street tuning. I have the wastegate set to 10 psi. After about 3 hours of driving around my car finally feels like a factory turbo car.... If not better! I wanted to be on the safe side so we stuck with low 11 AFRs and about 19 timing @ WOT. The car moves out for being on 10 psi! I was very impressed and pleased with the tune. I drove about 2 days on this tune (full and p[art throttle). Well I hop in my car to go to work today and all is well.... car still pulls like a train. I go through my work day and start heading home.... I decided to do a boost pull on my street and the car started breaking up as soon as I hit 10 psi.... I took a look @ the wideband and wot was lean (15.7 afr). I had this same issue happen to me once before and It was the open loop settings. My overboost protection is around 17 psi. NOTHING HAS CHANGED SINCE THE TUNE! I havent hooked my laptop back up to the MS since my boy tuned it. BTW the car is full built w/ a gt3076r. LMK what you guys think.... I will post up a my MSQ if one of you guys would like to look @ it. Thanks in advance

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Inconsistent results! [View all] , taclipse, May-09-08 11:45 AM
  RE: Inconsistent results!, wickedtalon, May-09-08 07:54 PM, #1
RE: Inconsistent results!, taclipse, May-10-08 04:42 AM, #2
      RE: Inconsistent results!, Moderatorbullettdsm, May-11-08 07:25 AM, #3
           RE: Inconsistent results!, taclipse, May-11-08 03:07 PM, #4
                RE: Inconsistent results!, ModeratorCorbin, May-12-08 04:46 AM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3767 Previous topic | Next topic