Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #693
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Turbocharged... web browsing." Previous topic | Next topic
clips3kidApr-09-06 04:57 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2005
178 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#695, "RE: Turbocharged... web browsing."
In response to In response to 1

no, you're right, you dont need linux! it just makes it that much easier to do something like this for everyone in the house. We have up to 6 computers on the network at times. For a windows machine to do something similar to this we could install a program on each individual computer to do the samet hing, however, this way we each share each others pages, so if someone else goes to a page and downloads items, i will be able to surf those pages fast as well.

Linux is in no way better than windows. It is all 100% an opinion.

My desktop consists of Linux Ubuntu, a fairly easy linux distribution to run as a desktop... pros? well i dont have to run antivirus software... you learn alot, no1 else in the house uses my machine due to the fact that i have it installed...

cons? its slower (well this distribution on this machine is, results vary) you cant run alot of applications straight outa the box, you have to learn in order to do many things with it

i do like it, but when i get my laptop next month i will not be running it on there, i'll have windows.

Stuff: Xbox, 7inch tft screen, 2 12inch infinity 1242w's, poweracoustic amp,pioneer HU, Tokico HP struts/springs, buddy club p1 perforance II plus 17inch wheels

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Turbocharged... web browsing. [View all] , clips3kid, Apr-08-06 07:58 PM
  RE: Turbocharged... web browsing., destruckeclipse, Apr-08-06 08:43 PM, #1
RE: Turbocharged... web browsing., clips3kid, Apr-09-06 04:57 AM #2
      RE: Turbocharged... web browsing., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-09-06 07:53 AM, #3

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #693 Previous topic | Next topic