Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #693
View in linear mode

Subject: "Turbocharged... web browsing." Previous topic | Next topic
clips3kidApr-08-06 07:58 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2005
178 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#693, "Turbocharged... web browsing."

As im not too good with car's and me and my friend matt like to mess around with random computer crap, i decided today, (since this one girl couldnt go to dinner with me, long story), anywaysssssssss i got pissed because my internet connection has been quite slow lately and i needed to fix it FAST!

First off, i run a web server. Http://gnobes.com

its hosted off my home internet connect. I figured there had to be a way to use this as an advantage in some way to speed it up.

for any of u computer people on 2g that want their 2gnt.com to load faster, this is definately something u may want to look into. Browsing through all those posts can be slow at times. at least for me it was.

anyways, i took my linux debian web server, installed a proxy on it (squid).

made it so when i connect to the proxy it caches all information, all files, under 4mb. (default) however i made it store 1gb (1024mb) of pages and files. i also installed an ad blocker to block all those really non related gay ads no1 wants to see like true.com and more.

this sped my surfing up so much, its literally click and go now. before it was somewhat click, wait a sec or two, loading loading ahh done...

its a bit involved but its worth it in the end!

Stuff: Xbox, 7inch tft screen, 2 12inch infinity 1242w's, poweracoustic amp,pioneer HU, Tokico HP struts/springs, buddy club p1 perforance II plus 17inch wheels

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Turbocharged... web browsing. [View all] , clips3kid, Apr-08-06 07:58 PM
  RE: Turbocharged... web browsing., destruckeclipse, Apr-08-06 08:43 PM, #1
RE: Turbocharged... web browsing., clips3kid, Apr-09-06 04:57 AM, #2
      RE: Turbocharged... web browsing., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-09-06 07:53 AM, #3

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #693 Previous topic | Next topic