Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 4 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #1025
View in linear mode

Subject: "Removing some clutter." Previous topic | Next topic
ezMar-21-07 10:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1025, "Removing some clutter."

This is just a suggestion, obviously I have no desire to give the mods and Dino any more work. It feels like 2gnt has become very cluttered in the effort to become more organized. There are countless forums to navigate through, and it has made the previously easy-to-use main forum listings tab inefficient. Example, I have to actually READ carefully or I'll end up in the THINGS WE'VE SEEN BEFORE forum yet again.

Some forums I think you could trim from the tab/modify on the board:

-"War Stories" (on the tab but no longer used)
-Condense the shootouts into one forum, or at least have just one main shootout listing on the listings tab that will take you to the subforums. It's not like someone gets the sudden urge to use the tab b/c I NEED TO SEE SHOOTOUT 2003 QUICK!
-"Things we've seen before." This was a good idea long ago, that maybe the new members would check it out and then not post questions about old material. I think it's safe to say that it hasn't ended up working that way for most new guys. The search engine is still the best way to go, and having these extra forums may work against that even. For example, for speed I confine my searches to a single forum. Threads outside of the active forums you intuitively search through would leave out some relevant material. Some of these forums have only 5 threads anyway, and many of the threads are junk. If you want a "stupid/useless stuff" forum to put stuff like that in, fine, but do we really need a forum that has 50% of it's posts about flame throwers? That material can be moved back to the original forums, or gift-wrapped and sent to the nearest Honda forum.
-1g/4g63 talk (undergoing archival) on the tab but not accessible anyway.
-This last idea is probably the weakest, but for 4g63 BST forum - I think it's not intuitive for new members to think we have TWO BST forums. I would put that as a subforum in BST. Maybe I just don't believe in segregation

Thanks for reading.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Removing some clutter. [View all] , ez, Mar-21-07 10:29 AM
  RE: Removing some clutter., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Mar-21-07 02:14 PM, #1
RE: Removing some clutter., TeamDR1665, Mar-21-07 02:42 PM, #2
      RE: Removing some clutter., ez, Mar-21-07 05:29 PM, #3

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #1025 Previous topic | Next topic