Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #98904
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: $hitty $tart" Previous topic | Next topic
damned2GNTMay-23-06 04:39 PM
Member since May 23rd 2006
3 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#98917, "RE: $hitty $tart"
In response to In response to 6

Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by damned2GNT All too quick to ignore and point to a button, rather than answer a question. I have searched - with no answer, ergo the new thread. I registered with the community with ambitions of finding an expert opinion or equivalent on my situation from someone who has time vested in their car. No need in re-inventing the wheel. I have a MSD coilpack as well, and swapped back with the stock pack with no alteration in the symptoms.

I like your style, sir. We'll deal with your choice of screen name at a later date and time. As for your issue, I'm going to ask if you are certain you replaced the correct CLT sensor. I'm sure you're aware that one sensor is for the instrument cluster while the other is actually providing data to the ECU. Given the way your symptoms tie in with warm up, I would still suspect the CLT, however you seem to have already covered that base, so this is merely for confirmation. How old is your front O2 sensor? Have you tried a power balance test on the engine while symptoms occur? This could at least tell you which cylinder is experiencing the issues.

DR1665, I appreciate your time in aiding the diagnosis of my current situation. Somehow I knew someone like you was out there lurking about the forums.

The CLT sensor I replaced was the one with a clip and two prongs, the upper sensor. The bottom has a different type of clip that basically slides on it appears. Would the sensor for the gagues still have any effect on the idle?

The front O2 Sensor is a new Bosch sensor, maybe 3 months old. Unfavorable symptoms occured before the O2 replacement - the Bosch was of no help either. Unfortunately, I now read that perhaps a Walker O2 sensor would be a better choice. Should I ditch the Bosch O2 sensor? Again, no CEL's thrown.

I have not tried a power balance test. I will have to look in more detail how to accomplish that, then I can reply with those results.

Sadly, I have been forced to replace other sensors in the past (and clips) including the Crank sensor and Cam sensor. The clips are secure, I double checked them today.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

$hitty $tart [View all] , damned2GNT, May-23-06 06:40 AM
  RE: $hitty $tart, cougar694u, May-23-06 07:10 AM, #1
RE: $hitty $tart, 96eclipse2nr, May-23-06 07:43 AM, #2
RE: $hitty $tart, cc8balla, May-23-06 07:46 AM, #3
      RE: $hitty $tart, damned2GNT, May-23-06 08:38 AM, #4
           RE: $hitty $tart, slowmitsu, May-23-06 08:59 AM, #5
           RE: $hitty $tart, TeamDR1665, May-23-06 09:00 AM, #6
                RE: $hitty $tart, damned2GNT, May-23-06 04:39 PM #7
                     RE: $hitty $tart, TeamDR1665, May-23-06 06:00 PM, #8
                          RE: $hitty $tart, mcgyvr, May-24-06 03:34 AM, #9
                               RE: $hitty $tart, Blizare, May-24-06 04:09 AM, #10
                                    RE: $hitty $tart, jam013200, May-24-06 07:32 AM, #11

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #98904 Previous topic | Next topic