Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #84372
View in linear mode

Subject: "Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!" Previous topic | Next topic
bzossJan-05-05 12:46 PM
Member since Jun 14th 2003
298 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#84372, "Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!"

OK, I will try to explain this in as much detail as to get you all the information you will need.
To begin, I was adjusting my AEM adjustable cam gears to zero them out after rebuilding the engine. The engine has about 2k miles on it at this point, but it idles rough and I decided the old cam degrees were not going to work now, so I zeroed them out. I do this, start the car it idles great. I yank the throttle from under the hood to give it a rev, it does great, then comes down, through idle and just dies. And now it won't crank back up. I have tested fuel pressure, it is 50lbs. I checked for spark, all are GREAT. I checked compression, and in EVERY SINGLE CYLINDER no compression what so ever. Is it possible the the cam somehow turned more than the 10 degrees allowed by the adjustable cams and through the cam timing off??? I know that is a crazy idea, but the only conclusion I can come up with for losing compression in all the damn cylinders is an out of time camshaft. The timing marks all line up fine. All the cams and components turn fine. I took the valve cover off, and the cams are not broke, etc. All the valves move. I don't believe it is due to a bent valve, blown head gasket, or blown rings as it would be just too damn cooincidental and far out that it would happen to every single cylinder. I hope that this information is enough for some of you gear heads out there to recognize the problem and hopefully shoot me back a quick solution.

I appreciate the help.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help! [View all] , bzoss, Jan-05-05 12:46 PM
  RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, TeamXtremeRS, Jan-05-05 01:00 PM, #1
RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, bzoss, Jan-05-05 01:10 PM, #2
      RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, TeamXtremeRS, Jan-05-05 01:37 PM, #3
           RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, RxR_Eclipse, Jan-05-05 03:52 PM, #4
                RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, bzoss, Jan-06-05 07:56 AM, #5
                     RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, Blizare, Jan-06-05 10:09 AM, #6
                     RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-06-05 12:28 PM, #7
                     RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, TeamXtremeRS, Jan-06-05 12:56 PM, #8
                          RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, RxR_Eclipse, Jan-06-05 02:43 PM, #9
                               RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, bzoss, Jan-07-05 01:23 AM, #10
                                    RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, SILVERNT, Jan-07-05 07:38 AM, #11
                                         RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, bzoss, Jan-07-05 07:54 AM, #12
                                              RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, Blizare, Jan-07-05 08:17 AM, #13
                                                   RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, bzoss, Jan-08-05 08:26 AM, #14
                                                        RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, RxR_Eclipse, Jan-08-05 09:51 AM, #15
                                                             RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, Nitrous_RS1997, Jan-08-05 02:02 PM, #16
                                                                  RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, bzoss, Jan-09-05 06:53 AM, #17
                                                                       RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, Nitrous_RS1997, Jan-09-05 04:35 PM, #18

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #84372 Previous topic | Next topic