Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #75640
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Tips + Info on Dremel porting the TB" Previous topic | Next topic
96eclipse2nrJun-05-04 04:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75660, "RE: Tips + Info on Dremel porting the TB"
In response to In response to 8
Jun-05-04 04:22 PM by 96eclipse2nr

yeah, carb cleaner is the SHIT imo. you think your TB looks bad, you ought to try taking out your entire intake mani assembly...its nasty as hell with all that carbon gunk from the EGR system. you must take out your throttle plate and shaft...and its not hard at all. hell, i can give you a walkthrough right here..

1. remove IAC motor and TPS sensor the bolts may be a bitch to get out but keep on them. these MUST be removed

2. when you lift your TPS sensor off youll see the throttle shaft. look closley and youll notice a circlip. this is somewhat of a PITA to get out. i suggest something with a point...work at it..youll get it out.
3. after that youll need to remove 2 torx screws (same size as those holding on the IAC and TPS). turn the throttle hammer over to WOT and push the plate out of the slot...towards the back of the TB (intake mani side). it will just slide right out.
4. next you need to disconnect the return spring. i suggest a screwdriver or nail..not your fingers. its wound up decently and can pop you in the hand.
5. now you can just grab the throttle hammer assembly and pull...the throttle shaft will just come right out, now your have a bare TB to work with.

you need the plate out because youll never get the TB properly ported...and youll damage the assembly because inevitably youll hit them with the grinder. plus its good to take it apart and give it a good cleaning...and hell for 79 cents a can for carb cleaner at walmart you can clean till your hearts content. youll DEFINATELY wanna take your TB off the intake mani assembly...youll have shavings out the ass and theres no sense in getting that down your intake runners. i dont suggest shooting any carb clener down into your intake mani. there is so much gunk buildup it would probably screw somethig up when it got sucked down into the combustion chamber. if you wish to clean your intake mani..i suggest complete removal...which is not THAT bad..just takes patience.

hope this helps and PM me if you have any more questions. good luck!

EDIT: and if you can get away with it (dont have emissions to deal with) i suggest removal of the EGR system...its pretty simple.

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Tips + Info on Dremel porting the TB [View all] , .bs0d, Jun-05-04 10:31 AM
  RE: Tips + Info on Dremel porting the TB, turbo8u, Jun-05-04 10:32 AM, #1
RE: Tips + Info on Dremel porting the TB, 96eclipse2nr, Jun-05-04 11:07 AM, #2
      RE: Tips + Info on Dremel porting the TB, .bs0d, Jun-05-04 11:20 AM, #3
           RE: Tips + Info on Dremel porting the TB, JWoodley, Jun-05-04 11:26 AM, #4
                RE: Tips + Info on Dremel porting the TB, .bs0d, Jun-05-04 12:14 PM, #5
                     RE: Tips + Info on Dremel porting the TB, Blizare, Jun-05-04 01:00 PM, #6
                     RE: Tips + Info on Dremel porting the TB, JWoodley, Jun-05-04 01:22 PM, #7
                          RE: Tips + Info on Dremel porting the TB, .bs0d, Jun-05-04 02:10 PM, #8
                               RE: Tips + Info on Dremel porting the TB, 96eclipse2nr, Jun-05-04 04:21 PM #9

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #75640 Previous topic | Next topic