Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138695
View in linear mode

Subject: "Intermittent Stalling Problem" Previous topic | Next topic
Vendoreclipsen22May-25-16 07:01 PM
Member since Feb 07th 2011
5 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138695, "Intermittent Stalling Problem"

I have a 1995 eclipse 420a engine m/t. I'm having a problem with the car stalling while at idle and driving. Its been in the shop for a month trying to duplicate the problem while on a scanner/computer. What happens when driving is that the cluster lights come on and the car stalls. I lose only the tach and speedo but everything else stays on (fuel gauge,temp gauge & radio). The only way i can keep it running again while driving is to push in the clutch and cycle the key off and back on. Then the tach and speedo comes back and the car keeps running. The shop found the trans output speed sensor going off then kicking the ASD relay off. They changed the sensor ($300 dollars later) and I'm still having the same problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Intermittent Stalling Problem [View all] , Vendoreclipsen22, May-25-16 07:01 PM
  RE: Intermittent Stalling Problem, DirtMegirt, May-25-16 07:39 PM, #1
RE: Intermittent Stalling Problem, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, May-26-16 10:20 PM, #2
      RE: Intermittent Stalling Problem, Vendoreclipsen22, Jun-01-16 03:50 PM, #3
           RE: Intermittent Stalling Problem, ModeratorCorbin, Jul-20-16 05:57 PM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138695 Previous topic | Next topic