Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138690
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: A/C is SAD!... help me make it (and me) HAPPY again!" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorCorbinMay-18-16 04:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138692, "RE: A/C is SAD!... help me make it (and me) HAPPY again!"
In response to In response to 1

I wouldn't buy any high dollar or difficult to replace parts without recharging and leak testing. You probably have a minor leak. You can pull sufficient vacuum using a good air compressor and one of these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-vacuum-pump-with-r134a-and-r12-connectors-96677.html

To introduce refrigerant with dye into the system, you will want a manifold like this:

http://www.harborfreight.com/AC-R134A-Manifold-Gauge-Set-60806.html

You are supposed to introduce a certain mass of refrigerant and see certain pressures on the high and low side (shown in the manual). If you let the system run for a while, you can use a blacklight to look for dye to have leaked out. I used those parts several years ago and it actually worked very well. The pressures shown will tell you if your compressor or other parts need replacement. You will also want an infrared thermometer to zap various components in the system. If you don't have a manual, I could look up the pages in the manual and post it.

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A/C is SAD!... help me make it (and me) HAPPY again! [View all] , iamnotwhoiam, May-13-16 10:50 AM
  RE: A/C is SAD!... help me make it (and me) HAPPY again!, ez, May-13-16 09:58 PM, #1
RE: A/C is SAD!... help me make it (and me) HAPPY again!, ModeratorCorbin, May-18-16 04:50 PM #2

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138690 Previous topic | Next topic