Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138446
View in linear mode

Subject: "1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS won't start after being put up for several weeks" Previous topic | Next topic
Rage.and.TriumphJul-03-14 09:30 PM
Member since Jul 03rd 2014
6 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138446, "1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS won't start after being put up for several weeks"

Alright, so I have a '95 GS I just rebuilt the engine on not long ago. It ran afterwards, but initially took a lot of cranking to start, and needed the throttle down a bit to start. But other than the rough start and some stuff I chalked up to a vacuum leak off the backend of the engine where the Cruise used to be (previous owner removed) like the throttle staying open at around 2-3k while driving. Which, after I did some work on the vacuum line, seemed to go away. Anyway, I put the car up on jack stands for a few weeks up front because I had to swap a bad wheel hub assembly out, and since then it hasn't started or ran. I had to change the oil out because I've tried starting it so much. It just pours fuel into the cyl and eventually it bleeds into the block. I know the fuel run is common with new rings, but I've tried oil in the cyl to up compression and it really didn't make a difference. I'm definitely getting strong spark and fuel, but possibly intermittently. I noticed something the last time I could work on the car with the fuel pump only engaging after the batt was disconnected. I read on a possible issue with the CAS that would explain that, but I haven't had the chance to work on this lately, so I figured if see if anyone had had this happen to them. I've checked codes, and nothing is talking aside from the batt disconnect read.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS won't start after being put up for several weeks [View all] , Rage.and.Triumph, Jul-03-14 09:30 PM
  RE: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS won't start after being put up for several weeks, sfhawkeye, Jul-03-14 10:25 PM, #1
RE: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS won't start after being put up for several weeks, Rage.and.Triumph, Jul-03-14 10:29 PM, #2
      RE: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS won't start after being put up for several weeks, Rage.and.Triumph, Aug-11-14 07:35 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138446 Previous topic | Next topic