Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138185
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: AFR slowly and gradually decreasing on the freeway?" Previous topic | Next topic
ezNov-25-13 07:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138200, "RE: AFR slowly and gradually decreasing on the freeway?"
In response to In response to 5

Corbin you are a sight for sore eyes. I was just thinking to myself, man I miss the days when you and others would regularly appear in threads and provide a helpful answer.

I do feel it's some kind of sensor issue - yet so far I have not been able to witness a temporary dead signal in any of them (unless you count the rear O2 sensor, but the best info I have is that it does not play any kind of role whatsoever in fuel trims). My problem is the refresh rate on my scangauge is too slow, and I can only really log via the e-01, but with my emanage getting repaired I have to now hardwire into each signal line off the ecu one at a time.

Back to MFI 101. ECU depends on these sensors to calculate fuel requirements:
front O2-Doubt it's this, b/c why would the ECU instantly go back to 14.7 if I momentarily release the throttle or hit WOT? It's still using the O2 sensor immediately after those tests! less than 20,000 on the new O2, but it could have been fouled up by past problems.
MAP-MAP fluctuates continously, but don't know what to look for there.
Cam sensor/crank sensor-I'd expect hesitation with issues in the crank and cam sensors.
knock sensor-???I suppose it could richen up the mixture, but I'd expect to see ignition timing adjustments too.
VSS-not a variable, b/c I can remove it and the car runs fine. Speedometer shows no fluctuation anyways.
IAT-a possibility
coolant temp-temps seems steady after fixing the thermostat issue, but it's worth a shot to change.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

AFR slowly and gradually decreasing on the freeway? [View all] , ez, Nov-10-13 10:32 PM
  RE: AFR slowly and gradually decreasing on the freeway?, ez, Nov-21-13 10:31 PM, #1
RE: AFR slowly and gradually decreasing on the freeway?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Nov-22-13 06:56 AM, #2
      RE: AFR slowly and gradually decreasing on the freeway?, ez, Nov-22-13 03:55 PM, #3
           RE: AFR slowly and gradually decreasing on the freeway?, ez, Nov-24-13 09:30 PM, #4
                RE: AFR slowly and gradually decreasing on the freeway?, ModeratorCorbin, Nov-25-13 07:12 PM, #5
                     RE: AFR slowly and gradually decreasing on the freeway?, ez, Nov-25-13 07:41 PM #6
                          RE: AFR slowly and gradually decreasing on the freeway?, ModeratorCorbin, Nov-26-13 08:34 AM, #7
                               RE: AFR slowly and gradually decreasing on the freeway?, ez, Nov-26-13 05:52 PM, #8
                                    RE: AFR slowly and gradually decreasing on the freeway?, ez, Nov-27-13 12:20 AM, #9
                                         RE: AFR slowly and gradually decreasing on the freeway?, ModeratorCorbin, Nov-27-13 12:04 PM, #10
                                              RE: AFR slowly and gradually decreasing on the freeway?, ez, Dec-09-13 02:25 PM, #11
                                                   RE: AFR slowly and gradually decreasing on the freeway?, ModeratorCorbin, Dec-11-13 03:01 PM, #12

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138185 Previous topic | Next topic