Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138021
View in linear mode

Subject: "Diy Fcd. Works perfect" Previous topic | Next topic
DstachJul-17-13 09:08 AM
Member since Dec 04th 2010
276 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138021, "Diy Fcd. Works perfect"

So I wanted to make a fuel cut defender so I did my research, someone had one on here as well but now seemed to show you exactly how to do it. I will do my best to do so. Mine holds voltage at what ever you want. I set mine to 4.65 volts. I havent tested on my car yet because it isn't running at the moment but I did use 5v to the sensor via a usb plug, I tested it before the fcd and blowing into it put the sensor from the 4.75 to 5.02 volts so it sees "boost". After fcd was placed inline it changes volts with vaccum but when you blow into it it stays where ever you set "0 psi" to.

Parts
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103799#2gnt
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062279
digikey # 1n4732adict-nd
digikey # 987-1537-nd

I used half the board and sanded it to fit the box. Also installed the potentiometer with the screw aimed toward the lid so you do not have to remove the board to adjust it.

Here is a easyish to understand wire diagram.

http://tinypic.com/r/v4uxc2/5

Red dot is potentiometer pin closest to screw - connect to map signal ( yellow with black, pink dot)

green dot is the potentiometer pin furthest from screw. goes to ground

Yellow dot is potentiometer middle pin, goes to black stipe side of zener diode ( blue dot)

Purple dot is the side of zener with out black stripe, this goes to ground

Both top left pins go to a ground wire. They have to have a jumper in so the grounds are linked just makes it easy.

I used two grounds and I linked them together on the board. This allows me to cut the ground splice these wires one to each end. order doesn't mater.

I also used two map signal voltages ( linked on the board) for the same reason.

If you are getting too high of voltage turn the potentiometer counter clockwise

If voltage is too low turn clockwise

Also I used blue rtv silicone to "glue" the board to the case bacuse silicone is non conductive. Any questions ask, its hard to explain it and include everything, I hope its helpful.

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)
89 Honda Crx (Drag car project)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Diy Fcd. Works perfect [View all] , Dstach, Jul-17-13 09:08 AM
  RE: Diy Fcd. Works perfect, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jul-17-13 11:45 AM, #1
RE: Diy Fcd. Works perfect, Dstach, Jul-19-13 06:38 AM, #2
      RE: Diy Fcd. Works perfect, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jul-19-13 08:45 AM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138021 Previous topic | Next topic