Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137747
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: A few questions regarding engine build" Previous topic | Next topic
0BoostMar-01-13 06:37 PM
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
16 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137757, "RE: A few questions regarding engine build"
In response to In response to 5

Thanks for the info guys.

Well I trimmed the corner bolts down, then beveled the tips and ran a die just over the tip just so they would thread in properly. also just to confirm the issue, I broke out the bore scope and took a peek down in the bolt holes. sure enough, the 2 at the end of cylinder 4 when I looked down in there had clean circular marks matching the bolts. I took a couple of pics and can post them for future reference for anybody else that comes along with the same questions or issues regarding that matter.

also, and I went through hell trying to find them, have a whole new set of rod bolts coming. I gave the task of finding them to our service advisor/manager guy (whatever he is) of finding them. he called 6 Mitsubishi dealers and of the 6, only 1 even had a parts department. and that guy was trying to send me hardware for 4g63 rods that cost $36. I ended up getting the number to our local dodge dealer and ordered them from there for $13. they will be in Tuesday so I can atleast get the bottom end done.

another issue I ran into was my valves. I started lapping them and on the face were black spots. one of my coworkers said they were pitted. its very light cause after I lapped them they were smooth. all the valves were sealing except one only because when I took the exhaust manifold off, some gunk got down in there between the valve and seat. I tried looking for replacement valves, but at the cost of oe valves, I might as well go stainless. so Monday im taking them to our machine shop to have the guys there reface them. hopefully they will be ok cause im already beyond my original budget which means the car will be sitting longer, lol.

98 Eclipse GS - DD/Project car/Money shredder.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A few questions regarding engine build [View all] , 0Boost, Feb-28-13 08:56 PM
  RE: A few questions regarding engine build, Smash_NDash, Feb-28-13 09:04 PM, #1
RE: A few questions regarding engine build, chipdogg, Feb-28-13 09:29 PM, #2
      RE: A few questions regarding engine build, Moderatorbullettdsm, Mar-01-13 03:48 AM, #3
           RE: A few questions regarding engine build, chipdogg, Mar-01-13 07:43 AM, #4
                RE: A few questions regarding engine build, Moderatorbullettdsm, Mar-01-13 08:41 AM, #5
                     RE: A few questions regarding engine build, 0Boost, Mar-01-13 06:37 PM #6

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137747 Previous topic | Next topic