Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #134748
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight)" Previous topic | Next topic
99RedGsMar-05-12 08:33 PM
Member since Jul 05th 2007
42 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#136156, "RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight)"
In response to In response to 0

UPDATE: 03/05/2012

Well, I have completed just about everything that needs to be done immediately before I am able to start the car. I am now on to my Megasquirt adventure. I have been reading and watching videos about how to set everything up, but in all honesty it is still a little complex for me. I wish I had someone here who could walk me through it once since I learn best by example.

MS1 v2.2 029y4 3-bar map sensor
550cc injectors
LC-1 wideband

Issues:
-I seem to be having a problem when I open up Terry's .MSQ with Tunerstudio or Megatune. I also downloaded an .MSQ from symtech's database and got errors as well

SymtechLabs base map Errors:

I have read through the manuals and I was wondering if anyone has a link that shows setting everything up with Tunerstudio? I found some but they were for MS2 or 3 so the settings were different

What all I have completed for the build thus far:
- Built and mounted engine in the car
- Completed all of the plumbing with SS lines ( Oil feed, Fuel Return, Oil drain)
- PS and AC delete
- Made a bracket and mounted the FMIC
- Cut intercooler piping to fitment
- Installed OFE3 clutch (provided by Zac) with new TOB
- 90% of wiring completed for MS system
- Gauges mounted and wired up
- Fill with coolant
- Wire up the power for the MS
- Wire up and mount the LC-1 wideband
- Bleed the clutch
- Plumb the vacuum tubing
- Mount AFPR (I accidently made my return line a little shorter than I wanted to I'm still problem solving this)
- Install a new alternator
- Prime the oil pump before initial startup

What I have left to do:
- Fabricate a 3" resonator to connect the DP to the "cat-back"
- Burn a base map to the MS
- Have a welder apply a bead around the intercooler pipes that I cut so I get a better seal
- Figure out a PCV system to prevent pressurization of the crankcase
- Rebuild the engine because I'll probably blow it up since I had no idea what I was doing on this build...

Ah Vtec... All of the lag with none of the turbo

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight) [View all] , 99RedGs, Jan-14-12 04:20 PM
  RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), iNoise, Aug-02-11 03:07 PM, #1
RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), Moderatorbullettdsm, Aug-02-11 03:12 PM, #2
      RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), 99RedGs, Aug-02-11 03:15 PM, #3
           RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), Smash_NDash, Aug-02-11 04:51 PM, #4
                RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), 99RedGs, Aug-02-11 07:14 PM, #5
                     RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Aug-02-11 07:18 PM, #6
                          RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), 99eclipse420a, Aug-02-11 07:35 PM, #7
                               RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), streetlightning, Aug-03-11 07:49 AM, #8
                                    RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), 99RedGs, Aug-03-11 07:56 AM, #9
                                         RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), Smash_NDash, Aug-03-11 09:37 AM, #10
                                              RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), Smash_NDash, Aug-03-11 09:42 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), 99eclipse420a, Aug-03-11 09:51 AM, #12
                                                        RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), 99RedGs, Aug-03-11 10:09 AM, #13
                                                             RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), streetlightning, Aug-03-11 10:30 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), 99RedGs, Aug-03-11 10:32 AM, #15
                                                                  RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), streetlightning, Aug-03-11 10:33 AM, #16
                                                                  RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), Smash_NDash, Aug-03-11 11:15 AM, #17
                                                                       RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), streetlightning, Aug-03-11 11:24 AM, #18
                                                                            RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), Smash_NDash, Aug-03-11 11:30 AM, #19
                                                                                 RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), streetlightning, Aug-03-11 12:32 PM, #20
                                                                                      RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), Smash_NDash, Aug-03-11 12:40 PM, #21
                                                                                           RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), Smash_NDash, Aug-03-11 12:49 PM, #22
                                                                                                RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), streetlightning, Aug-03-11 03:11 PM, #23
                                                                                                     RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), Smash_NDash, Aug-05-11 03:21 PM, #24
                                                                                                          RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), 99RedGs, Aug-07-11 01:21 AM, #25
                                                                                                               RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), Smash_NDash, Aug-07-11 12:39 PM, #26
                                                                                                                    RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), 99RedGs, Aug-19-11 10:16 AM, #27
                                                                                                                         RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), BoostedEclipse, Aug-19-11 10:32 PM, #28
                                                                                                                              RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), iNoise, Jan-14-12 04:20 PM, #
                                                                                                                              RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), 99RedGs, Jan-14-12 12:40 PM, #29
                                                                                                                                   RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), itsaslow95, Jan-15-12 11:46 AM, #31
                                                                                                                              RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), ez, Jan-14-12 04:20 PM, #30
                                                                                                                                   RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), Slo2g, Jan-15-12 12:05 PM, #32
                                                                                                                                        RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), JoshDSM, Jan-15-12 12:57 PM, #33
RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), 99RedGs, Mar-05-12 08:33 PM #34
RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), 99RedGs, Mar-07-12 11:13 PM, #35
      RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), nzty420a, Mar-09-12 02:02 AM, #36
      RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), Moderatorbullettdsm, Mar-09-12 03:41 AM, #37
RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), rst_eclipse, Mar-10-12 10:45 AM, #38
RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), Slo2g, Mar-10-12 12:55 PM, #39
      RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), rst_eclipse, Mar-10-12 08:26 PM, #40
           RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), Slo2g, Mar-10-12 08:34 PM, #41
                RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), AdministratorCODE4, Mar-10-12 08:35 PM, #42
                RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), rst_eclipse, Mar-10-12 08:46 PM, #43
                RE: Project: My First Rebuild and Turbo (Needing Insight), rst_eclipse, Mar-10-12 08:49 PM, #44

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #134748 Previous topic | Next topic