Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1294
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tranny Problem/Question (kinda long)" Previous topic | Next topic
mikee97gsApr-26-01 05:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
117 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1294, "Tranny Problem/Question (kinda long)"

Hey, I have 97, and my tranny has been kind of acting up on me. Sometimes, when I try to go into 1st or 2nd(sometimes 3rd) I have problems getting it into gear. I have to shove the shifter into the gear position just to get it into gear. Then sometimes, when shifting gears while driving the gear wont go in all the way, and I press the gas, and I hear like a grinding noise, and I can feel the noise on the shifter. This problem happens almost all the time with the reverse.

I took it to the dealership and they told me I needed a new clutch(which was conveniently not covered under the xtended warranty). I got a new clutch (centreforce dual friction) And still the transmission was acting up. So then I took it to have the tranny fluid changed, and I did that and also put in some of that tranny lubricator crap, and it was fine for a while, but after about a month or two it started again.

Has anyone had this problem before? What I am worried is, that if I take it to the dealer they will try and get out of it again.
Any suggestions?

Thanks guys for all the help.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Tranny Problem/Question (kinda long) [View all] , mikee97gs, Apr-26-01 05:04 AM
  RE: Tranny Problem/Question (kinda long), eclipselouisville25, Apr-26-01 02:03 PM, #1
RE: Tranny Problem/Question (kinda long), mikee97gs, Apr-26-01 02:35 PM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1294 Previous topic | Next topic