Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #110667
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Dremel Carbide/Aluminum Oxide tips..." Previous topic | Next topic
TeamStan2gntJan-22-01 10:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110668, "RE: Dremel Carbide/Aluminum Oxide tips..."
In response to In response to 0

When I did mine it was my first time using a dremel (I bought it just to do the job). Well you already got the right stones to use. Get a few different sizes and shapes cause some areas are hard to get too (you'll need the flex extension if you dont have it already). All I can really say is dont do the edges (where the manifold meets the head) until your comfortable grinding and all you want to do there is smooth it out unless you plan on port matching the head. Start anywhere farther in the ports grinding lightly at low speed setting to get a feel for how much metal is being removed. I grind in a side to side motion (unless its my girl then back and forth) for large areas and whatever works for corners and hard to reach places. Save the corners and hard to reach places till you get the hang of it. From there its just a matter of turning up the speed and grinding away. really after 15 to 20 min of grinding you'll have the hang of it. It'll seem like not much is being done and its gonna take forever until you tap out the metal shavings and have enough aluminum dust to make small parts with. Take special care with the fuel injector ports. I just kinda smoothed the bullet shaped structures but didn't grind enough to change any shapes or anything. I didn't portmatch the TB myself but put a little paint or whatever on the TB, then bolt it to the manifold. Use the outline as a reference to port match or you could just grind a little at a time and bolt the TB to the manifold and open the throttle plate to see how much work you have left for yourself. No pic this time. took up too much space writing.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Dremel Carbide/Aluminum Oxide tips... [View all] , Skrilla, Jan-22-01 12:39 AM
  RE: Dremel Carbide/Aluminum Oxide tips..., TeamStan2gnt, Jan-22-01 10:49 AM #1
THANX STAN2GNT!!, Skrilla, Jan-22-01 12:55 PM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #110667 Previous topic | Next topic