Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #99127
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Finally leaving Stage 2...progress with issues" Previous topic | Next topic
XMasta19Jun-07-06 10:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99220, "RE: Finally leaving Stage 2...progress with issues"
In response to In response to 3

Update time:

Well the hobby shop and it's dumb "summer hours" finally opened back up today, and I got to work on my baby some more. Got a few more things bolted onto the new block as it's hanging there...ie: alternator, sensors etc on back of block, oil filter dealio, new water pump etc. I picked up the three 3/8" bolts for the pulley this morning on my way there. The hobby shop had the real "Chrysler Harmonic Dampener removal/installation tool" and damn that thing was the pimp shizzle. Since I couldn't use the jaw pulling portion of it, I took the main accessories and used them with the Snap-on puller. It came with a rod what not to put in the center, but since my AF/X was never actually installed all the way on, it didn't stick out any. I ended up utilizing the infamous 6" 1/4" drive extension, so using the three bolts and holes in the udp...that baby came off like butter. Then the installation was just as amazing. Apparently one of the accessories in the kit is a little thrust bearing that goes right up against the pulley...no need to use a longer crank bolt with washers etc. The main center bolt threaded right into the crank, then just tightened a nut up against the thrust bearing and pushed the pulley all the way on.

As much as that was quite an accomplishment to me, the biggest of the day was yet to come. I got the flexplate, clutch, and tranny bolted on and hangin with the block. So tomorrow I can torque the head on, install cams etc, then do the timing. The engine bay will have a motor once again! Depending on how slow I work and whether or not I can get a babysitter for the afternoon...could be up and running tomorrow evening. The goal is definitely to have the motor back in place with mounts and what not good to go...then just hooking up everything else.

So turns out the studs I originally received were mispackaged with 12mm instead of our 11mm x 1.50 UPS delivered my lovely new ARP shiznit this evening woohoo. meh...end of my long tedious rant lol.

-Xavier-
95 Eclipse RS-T...lost in the frozen tundra

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Finally leaving Stage 2...progress with issues [View all] , XMasta19, Jun-03-06 07:21 PM
  RE: Finally leaving Stage 2...progress with issues, Chamuko, Jun-04-06 08:53 AM, #1
RE: Finally leaving Stage 2...progress with issues, XMasta19, Jun-04-06 12:14 PM, #2
      RE: Finally leaving Stage 2...progress with issues, XMasta19, Jun-05-06 05:37 AM, #3
           RE: Finally leaving Stage 2...progress with issues, XMasta19, Jun-07-06 10:42 PM #4
                RE: Finally leaving Stage 2...progress with issues, Moderatorbullettdsm, Jun-08-06 12:29 AM, #5
                     RE: Finally leaving Stage 2...progress with issues, shazow1969, Jun-09-06 05:03 PM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #99127 Previous topic | Next topic