Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #84372
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!" Previous topic | Next topic
bzossJan-06-05 07:56 AM
Member since Jun 14th 2003
298 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#84421, "RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!"
In response to In response to 4

That is most likely what I think that it is. I must have sheered a dowell. When you said that it is usually due to the bolt not being torqued enough kinda hit the spot also because I loosened that bolt up a bit to try and let the cam center itself in the journals. There was a ticking noise coming from the exhaust cam gear, when I tighened the bolt it got worse. Much worse. So I figured maybe I pulled the cam off center a bit or something causing something to hit. Crazy idea maybe, but when I loosened the bolt and tapped the cam in a little the ticking went completely away. The car ran fine, then just died, and now I think that one of the two cams is exactly somehow 180 degrees off.

I looked in the keyways, and noticed something in both before. Just to be sure what I am looking for, could you explain what I should be looking for just a bit?
Also, if it is that keyway, is it possible to re-allign the cam, and replace that dowell with the belt on and cam still in the motor?

Thanks for your help by the way, it has been very appreciated and insightfull.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help! [View all] , bzoss, Jan-05-05 12:46 PM
  RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, TeamXtremeRS, Jan-05-05 01:00 PM, #1
RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, bzoss, Jan-05-05 01:10 PM, #2
      RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, TeamXtremeRS, Jan-05-05 01:37 PM, #3
           RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, RxR_Eclipse, Jan-05-05 03:52 PM, #4
                RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, bzoss, Jan-06-05 07:56 AM #5
                     RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, Blizare, Jan-06-05 10:09 AM, #6
                     RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-06-05 12:28 PM, #7
                     RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, TeamXtremeRS, Jan-06-05 12:56 PM, #8
                          RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, RxR_Eclipse, Jan-06-05 02:43 PM, #9
                               RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, bzoss, Jan-07-05 01:23 AM, #10
                                    RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, SILVERNT, Jan-07-05 07:38 AM, #11
                                         RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, bzoss, Jan-07-05 07:54 AM, #12
                                              RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, Blizare, Jan-07-05 08:17 AM, #13
                                                   RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, bzoss, Jan-08-05 08:26 AM, #14
                                                        RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, RxR_Eclipse, Jan-08-05 09:51 AM, #15
                                                             RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, Nitrous_RS1997, Jan-08-05 02:02 PM, #16
                                                                  RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, bzoss, Jan-09-05 06:53 AM, #17
                                                                       RE: Lost compression in EVERY cylinder, please help!, Nitrous_RS1997, Jan-09-05 04:35 PM, #18

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #84372 Previous topic | Next topic