Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #57843
View in linear mode

Subject: "found the problem, now need timing answer for cam gears" Previous topic | Next topic
xtreme96gsAug-25-03 04:56 PM
Member since Jun 23rd 2003
264 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57843, "found the problem, now need timing answer for cam gears"

ok The engine wont start, but i'm 99% sure it is the timing. Machine shop seams incompetent. on the camshafts, each one has a prong sticking out, correct? And i think i read somewhere that one had to have the prong sticking up, while the other had to stick down. I have the AEM gears on, and believe the shop didnt set them this way because they are both facing the same direction. Does anyone know whether the timing marks should be at the top or at the bottom for each camshaft when at TDC? Right now when i'm at TDC both have the timing marks at the very top. What i'm trying to say is that one should have the marks at the very top, while the other should have the marks at the bottom. HELP PLEASE??????

Sorry so long

---Harry. My car topped out at 140 this morning. I need "turvo." Two of 'em. And Harry, I need the glue to be dry by tonight.---

engine:Je Forged pistons .20
Eagle connecting rods
crankscraper
3-angle valve job
mild p/p
Crower stage 2 cams
Crowers valve springs
Aem cam gears
Pacesetter 4-2-1 headers
AEM V2 CAI
Unorthodox underdrive pulley
Final Drive gears from 99 Stratus
Transgo shift kit
Hayden 6 pass trans. cooler

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

found the problem, now need timing answer for cam gears [View all] , xtreme96gs, Aug-25-03 04:56 PM
  RE: found the problem, now need timing answer for cam gears, jwhit, Aug-26-03 05:05 AM, #1
RE: found the problem, now need timing answer for cam gears, TalonSpeed, Aug-26-03 06:03 AM, #2
RE: found the problem, now need timing answer for cam gears, jwhit, Aug-26-03 06:06 AM, #3
RE: found the problem, now need timing answer for cam gears, NO2AVENGER, Aug-26-03 11:11 AM, #4
      RE: found the problem, now need timing answer for cam gears, TeamMichael_97RS, Aug-26-03 11:22 AM, #5
           RE: found the problem, now need timing answer for cam gears, xtreme96gs, Aug-26-03 06:15 PM, #6
                RE: found the problem, now need timing answer for cam gears, Matt_95tgs, Aug-26-03 07:49 PM, #7
                     RE: found the problem, now need timing answer for cam gears, CVedEclipse, Aug-27-03 02:40 AM, #8
                          RE: found the problem, now need timing answer for cam gears, thedawg, Aug-28-03 01:14 PM, #9

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #57843 Previous topic | Next topic