Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #52587
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Replace the head gasket myself?" Previous topic | Next topic
gilee_8Jun-09-03 08:53 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52873, "RE: Replace the head gasket myself?"
In response to In response to 38

SUp man... seems like you had a bit ofproblems with the head removal.

Well, I just finished completely removing the whole engine out fo the car.... after like 5 days lol... consider me NEVER see anyone did it, did everything myself (except when lifter up the block) and my first time doing this stuff. It's pretty good.

About the head. I never went under the car for it. I just cut that DAMN timing belt. (thanks to autozone giving me a wrong puller) so I can't take off the crank pulley and wasted me 9 hours. I took off the two cams, and the pulley while the timing cover is on. I took off the exhaust manifold. took off the value cover, uncrew the 10 bolts. then use 10 wires to tie them up to the camshaft, then just lift the WHOLE thing up with the WHOLE intake manifold. And that's all. I tied the screws, so I don't have to lift up the head that much to get it out. And about the 2 bracker under the intank and the block, you can unscrew them from leaning over from teh driving side.. that's what I did. Took me 1 minute to take them both off. Easy.

About about the damn crank pulley... took me 2 days... that fucking pulley..I am just about to just break it. .LOL..

Good luck... and have fun.. I did everything in the rain..LOL.
But now.. I am done!!! and all I need now is take the block apart and FIX it..
Gil

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Replace the head gasket myself? [View all] , CopperEclipse96, Jun-04-03 09:32 AM
  RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, InFiNiT3, Jun-04-03 09:53 AM, #1
RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-04-03 09:58 AM, #2
      RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Mannyyy, Jun-04-03 10:06 AM, #3
           RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-04-03 10:13 AM, #4
                RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Mannyyy, Jun-04-03 10:23 AM, #5
                     RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, 95_ESi_Person, Jun-04-03 03:58 PM, #6
                          RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Mannyyy, Jun-04-03 04:17 PM, #7
                               RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-04-03 07:16 PM, #8
                                    RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Mannyyy, Jun-04-03 07:53 PM, #9
                                    RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, The1Bill, Jun-04-03 08:00 PM, #10
                                         RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Kirby, Jun-05-03 05:38 AM, #11
                                              RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, TeamMichael_97RS, Jun-05-03 05:57 AM, #12
                                                   RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, mcgyvr, Jun-05-03 06:36 AM, #13
                                                        RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-05-03 08:59 AM, #14
                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Dinkjs, Jun-05-03 10:09 AM, #15
                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, TeamMichael_97RS, Jun-05-03 10:12 AM, #16
                                                                  RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-05-03 10:28 AM, #17
                                                                       RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, TeamMichael_97RS, Jun-05-03 10:32 AM, #18
                                                                            RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-05-03 11:29 AM, #19
                                                                                 RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Collente, Jun-05-03 12:29 PM, #20
                                                                                      RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-05-03 12:42 PM, #21
                                                                                           RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Collente, Jun-05-03 12:46 PM, #22
                                                                                                RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-05-03 12:49 PM, #23
                                                                                                     RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Collente, Jun-05-03 01:00 PM, #24
                                                                                                          RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-05-03 01:04 PM, #25
                                                                                                               RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Collente, Jun-05-03 01:19 PM, #26
                                                                                                                    RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-05-03 04:26 PM, #27
                                                                                                                         RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Mannyyy, Jun-05-03 04:36 PM, #28
                                                                                                                              RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-05-03 04:54 PM, #29
                                                                                                                                   RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Mannyyy, Jun-05-03 05:33 PM, #30
                                                                                                                                        RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-05-03 05:54 PM, #31
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Mannyyy, Jun-05-03 06:07 PM, #32
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, DarKReaLity, Jun-05-03 06:07 PM, #33
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-05-03 06:20 PM, #34
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, HadesOmega, Jun-08-03 11:47 AM, #35
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-09-03 07:41 AM, #36
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, The1Bill, Jun-09-03 07:58 AM, #37
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-09-03 08:27 AM, #38
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, gilee_8, Jun-09-03 08:53 AM #39
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-09-03 04:33 PM, #40
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Mannyyy, Jun-09-03 08:59 PM, #41
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-10-03 06:29 AM, #42
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, gilee_8, Jun-10-03 06:58 AM, #43
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-10-03 10:45 AM, #44
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Mannyyy, Jun-10-03 05:28 PM, #45
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, InFiNiT3, Jun-10-03 11:50 PM, #46
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, gilee_8, Jun-11-03 03:59 AM, #47
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-11-03 06:52 AM, #48
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-11-03 09:58 AM, #49
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-11-03 02:28 PM, #50

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #52587 Previous topic | Next topic