Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #41145
View in linear mode

Subject: "Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long)" Previous topic | Next topic
BMPDirkJan-08-03 05:47 AM
Member since Jul 24th 2002
1288 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#41145, "Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long)"

I only know of one other person with this(steve0677), so im posting what i think of it to help you 2gnt guys who are considering buying it...

I was scared at first to get this thing, because i wasnt sure if i believed all the hype, and i only knew of one person who owned it. But because of his rave reviews, i decided to give it a shot, and IM GLAD I DID

It took me about 30 minutes to install it at night with this crappy key chain flash light. Once everything was installed, i got in my car and crossed my fingers that it wouldnt blow up my engine ha ha. I turned the key and it started and immediately cut off! I gave it a second shot, and BAM! Started up just fine! I let it idle for a few minutes, and then i took it for a spin!

I came to a stop, and slowing engaged into first gear. while rolling at like 5mph, i floored it, and DAMN! the thing threw me back more than ever and i had to grip onto the steering wheel to keep it from loosing control. Threw it into second and peeled out(not chirped)Second felt much nicer, and i got threw it much faster. Finally got it into third and definetly felt a difference it third gear, it pulled much stronger than before. Felt really nice.

I drove it around for about 25 mintues and let me tell you, it was like a different car!! First gear is AWESOME! My buddy was in the car and said he couldnt really tell a difference, but he was smiling so i thought maybe he just wanted to drive it. He drove it before, so i let him take it out to see if he felt a difference, and HE ALMOST WRECKED into a curb in first gear right after he pulled outta the spot. Although i was pissed, i couldnt help but smile. He drove it around for about 10 mintues, and said there was a huge difference.

At the end of the night i was driving home, and did long third gear pulls, and 1st and third are my favorite gears now. First just seems to have SOOO MUCH TQ! and third has alot more power to it now. The car got stonger as the night progressed. The weird thing is, today i didnt feel like it had as much power as last night?? Maybe its just in my head though.

Im not sure why, but the ECU did make my exhaust louder at WOT, quite a bit actually. So i want something to help quiet down the exhaust, anyone have any suggestions??(the silencer it(exhaust) came with makes it sound horrible)

Also, the ECU made the engine sound different between 5000rpm and redline. It sounds kinda cool, like a jet sorta...ha ha, but i dont know if thats normal...maybe i have a leak? but it definetly didnt make that noise till i put the ECU in.

To sum it all up, if you have a 97 manual, BUY IT!!! And if you dont, BEG HOWELL TO PRODUCE ONE for your year! Dont get me wrong, this isnt turbo, and is no means a substitute for it, but if you dont want turbo, you MUST get this! It will blow away all your other mods!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long) [View all] , BMPDirk, Jan-08-03 05:47 AM
  RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), Teamner947, Jan-08-03 06:05 AM, #1
RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), BMPDirk, Jan-08-03 06:16 AM, #2
      RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), Collente, Jan-08-03 07:26 AM, #3
           RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), Fast420A, Jan-08-03 07:35 AM, #4
                RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), tim97rs, Jan-08-03 10:17 AM, #9
                     RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), Mystic511, Jan-09-03 05:17 AM, #23
RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), rbenard, Jan-08-03 08:38 AM, #5
RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), fasterGS, Jan-08-03 09:44 AM, #6
      RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), BlitZEclipse, Jan-08-03 10:06 AM, #7
      RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), python6586, Jan-08-03 10:08 AM, #8
           RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), steve0677, Jan-08-03 10:43 AM, #10
                RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), BMPDirk, Jan-08-03 11:33 AM, #11
                     RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), Fast420A, Jan-08-03 11:52 AM, #12
                          RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), Kirby, Jan-08-03 12:43 PM, #13
RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), Jerry, Jan-08-03 01:31 PM, #14
RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), TalonSpeed, Jan-08-03 01:59 PM, #15
      RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), joshacu, Jan-08-03 02:54 PM, #16
           RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), soldier101, Jan-08-03 03:05 PM, #17
                RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), dfresh, Jan-08-03 04:05 PM, #18
                     RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), Dualgen2, Jan-09-03 01:08 AM, #19
                          RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), BMPDirk, Jan-09-03 04:28 AM, #20
                               RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), djtrickee, Jan-09-03 04:34 AM, #21
                                    RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), a_miller_76, Jan-09-03 04:43 AM, #22
                                         RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), steve0677, Jan-09-03 05:19 AM, #24
                                              RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), Mishift, Jan-09-03 11:43 AM, #25
                                                   RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), Dirty, Jan-09-03 02:38 PM, #26
                                                   RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), BMPDirk, Jan-10-03 04:20 AM, #27
                                                        RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), Mystic511, Jan-10-03 07:06 AM, #28
                                                             RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), FuSi0N, Jan-10-03 09:40 AM, #29
                                                                  RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), BMPDirk, Jan-10-03 10:05 AM, #30
                                                                       RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), djtrickee, Jan-10-03 10:24 AM, #31
                                                                            RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), DSM_Tuner, Jan-10-03 11:20 AM, #32
                                                                                 RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), silvreclipsers, Jan-10-03 02:04 PM, #33
                                                                                      RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), Fast420A, Jan-10-03 04:15 PM, #34
                                                                                           RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), fly1, Jan-11-03 12:46 AM, #35
                                                   RE: Installed the AFX ECU last night.......(kinda long), RS_98, Jan-16-03 07:22 PM, #36

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #41145 Previous topic | Next topic