Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #30291
View in linear mode

Subject: "CAI Concept....want opinions" Previous topic | Next topic
a_miller_76Aug-16-02 12:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30291, "CAI Concept....want opinions"

Okay, me and the guys were sitting around at the shop this weekend thinking of an idea. Cold air intakes are great, but aluminum does have a high heat transfer value so by the time your air gets to the manifold it is heated up somewhat. We were trying to think of ways to get the intake temp down even further and we came up with this concept.

Take a few sheets of Dynamat Xtreme, the type with the heat reflective layer, and cut it into 1" strips and wrap it around your intake. Then take the wrapped intake and wrap it again with a header wrap. If I'm thinking correctly this should eliminate any heat transfer to your intake and lower your temperature even further.

Any thoughts or ideas? We're gonna try it this weekend, I'll let you all know how it works out.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

CAI Concept....want opinions [View all] , a_miller_76, Aug-16-02 12:53 AM
  RE: CAI Concept....want opinions, The1Bill, Aug-16-02 04:20 AM, #1
RE: CAI Concept....want opinions, Twiste, Aug-16-02 08:43 AM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #30291 Previous topic | Next topic