Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #29481
View in linear mode

Subject: "Mad vibration at high speeds." Previous topic | Next topic
XT DSMAug-05-02 12:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
19 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29481, "Mad vibration at high speeds."

it's been a while since I posted I know. how are you guys doing anyways?

ok here is my problem, my car seems to vibrate madly going 80mph or more.

I did rebalance the wheels and that did not help at all.

I am thinking it's either engine mounts (even tho I am sure the front and rear ones are good) not sure about the side ones tho.

that or could it be my axles !

the funny thing is, this happens only while I am stepping on the gas, if I am going like 90 mph the car shakes like hell, but that soons goes away as soon as I let go of the gas or step on the clutch.

could it be the tranny?

what u guys think.

I hate it since I have no way of getting parts for my baby here, the only way for me is to order whatever I need from the US ( I live in the UAE which is in the middle east for those of you who don't know )

so I wanna make sure I get what the car really needs.

to sum the problem, if I go 70 mph things seem ok, but as soon as I hit 80 mph the car vibrates madly and that goes away if I let go of the gas (tells me there is no problem with the wheels being off balance)

any thoughts?

Adel

Iceman Intake--- poreted TB--- P&P intake manifold--- P/P/milled Head with 3 and 5 valve job--- Cranecams Drag grind #16--- Cranecams valve springs--- PT lifters and rockers--- AEM adjustable cam gears--- Hotshots headers--- test pipe--- Greddy BL cat-bac

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Mad vibration at high speeds. [View all] , XT DSM, Aug-05-02 12:10 AM
  RE: Mad vibration at high speeds., CluckeRMC, Aug-05-02 01:22 AM, #1
RE: Mad vibration at high speeds., pancito, Aug-05-02 02:31 AM, #2
      RE: Mad vibration at high speeds., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Aug-05-02 02:46 AM, #3
           RE: Mad vibration at high speeds., nappyjim, Aug-05-02 04:29 AM, #4
                RE: Mad vibration at high speeds., XT DSM, Aug-05-02 07:23 AM, #5
                     RE: Mad vibration at high speeds., jZa, Aug-05-02 10:46 AM, #6
                          RE: Mad vibration at high speeds., My_therapy, Aug-05-02 12:09 PM, #7
                               RE: Mad vibration at high speeds., XT DSM, Aug-05-02 10:06 PM, #8
                                    RE: Mad vibration at high speeds., TeamMichael_97RS, Aug-06-02 04:13 AM, #9

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #29481 Previous topic | Next topic