Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137654
View in linear mode

Subject: "weird problem after new head install??" Previous topic | Next topic
Gruff511Jan-19-13 10:21 PM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137654, "weird problem after new head install??"

So I took off the head to replace a leaking head gasket and got the head rebuilt with new seals and a cleaning. After putting the head back on the car now hesitates when giving it gas and the motor starts shaking and its also running super lean at idle and when giving it gas its around 16:1 AFR's and if i try and drive it, it just doesnt gain speed and the whole car shakes pretty bad. Even if I richen up the AFR to 14:1 it still does it.
The only thing I can think of is when I took off the cam gears to clean them I might have mixed them up when I put them back on. But on the 420a arent the intake and exhaust cam Gears the same?
I really need some ideas on this one guys I cant think of anything else that it would be besides the timing but all the timing marks line up. thats what made me think its the cam gears...? I was on dsmtuners looking for some ideas but got no replies.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

weird problem after new head install?? [View all] , Gruff511, Jan-19-13 10:21 PM
  RE: weird problem after new head install??, SilvrEclips, Jan-20-13 08:37 PM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137654 Previous topic | Next topic