Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #123012
View in linear mode

Subject: "Speed Sensor Smoke/Water ????" Previous topic | Next topic
Slammed0Jun-18-06 08:40 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2005
79 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123012, "Speed Sensor Smoke/Water ????"

So yesterday I put my car up on some car ramps to change my oil. Well while in the process of this something happened cause when I got out there was quite a bit of smoke coming out of the transmission. Now, it has recently been replace and it is going right back.

Anyways, I then drove it to wash it (not noticing anything at the time cause it wasn't far). I washed it and even sprayed under the car as best I could. I get back and park it and do my usual cleaning duties.

Later that night I go to drive and notice my speedometer doesn't hardly work. It will work until about 25-30 and then it just drops down to 0. So, I got 2 theories.

1) During this smoke session of my tranny did it get some gears stripped off of it somehow to create this problem?

2) Or, did I get some water on/in the speed sensor area that could cause this?

Its a 1996 5 speed M/T 420a

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #123012 Previous topic | Next topic