Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #122126
View in linear mode

Subject: "car won't start after overheating issue" Previous topic | Next topic
aivanne182Jun-21-06 02:44 PM
Member since Jul 24th 2005
94 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122126, "car won't start after overheating issue"
Jun-22-06 09:20 AM by aivanne182

Alright, sorry guys for the shitty post yesterday about my overheating issue, I was just super mad and I didn't make too much sense when I wrote that crap. So I am gonna start again.

First, I have a CEL : coolant temp sensor....that I never replaced because of my laziness.

I was driving on the interstate for about 400 miles straight yesterday. A/C stopped working and car didn't have too much power anymore, so I looked at my temp gauge and it was all the way up. I was going downhill towards the next exit so I put the car back in neutral (it's a manual), the engine shut off, put it back in 5th and engine starts again....I drove about a mile like that. So when I popped the hood i noticed very low, boiling coolant/water mix in the water tank. It was so hot, ridiculous. So i grabbed about 2 gallons of water at the gas station and started pooring but it was just bubbling and evaporating straight up. I waited about an hour and tried to start the engine again, ready to put water. Engine started for about 5 seconds and then shut off. Now, I had to let the car on the side of the road and didn't get a chance to try to crank it when it's cold (the car is sitting a 100 miles away from my house....). When I turn the key, I can hear my fuel pump and the crankshaft turns but I don't think I get spark at all.

I am gonna go over there tonight with coolant, tools etc etc and try to start the biatch up. What else should I think about ? I heard the coilpack could be the problem.

Thx everyone

Quit your job
Sell your car
Get on a plane
Surf and party
Fall in love
Never come back...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #122126 Previous topic | Next topic