Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #121635
View in linear mode

Subject: "about sensors for 2gnt" Previous topic | Next topic
gyverAug-07-06 05:26 PM
Member since Mar 24th 2006
43 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121635, "about sensors for 2gnt"

hey guys, I rarely or almost never post, just read up alot around here, had my DSM for months and have learned so much which is good. but when ive searched here for answers, i have not found a post where someone states that aftermarket sensors do not solve the problem 100%. I know from experience, months ago i had a bad surging problem pointing to the Cam positioning sensor giving me misfiring error codes and cam sensor codes. I went to Autozone and bought another. The problem was solved for 3 days, after that bam surging. After 2 weeks of rewiring the sensor coupling it, even scamming the people of autozone to replace it, with same 3 day result. I took it to an electrician and he didnt even want to check the car out after I told him i got the sensor from autozone. He straight out told me, buy the sensor from the dealer or the get it from the junk yard. A good friend linked me to an ebay auction where i got the cam sensor for 10 bucks. That was months ago, 3 weeks ago I started having iddling problems, the works that you would think it was a vacuum leak to worse case scenario the ECU. After constant searching and reading, I tested the ECU and it still communicated with my car ( replicated cels), so I went for the the IAC BUT IT WAS NEW FROM AUTOZOME... F it I took the risk bought it from the devil, the mitsu dealer. I just replaced it car is idling beautifully. I hate autozone sensors.

Again, I dont know if info like this is somewhere in this forum, im sure it is, i just never found it, and ive searched...

Lesson learned If you need to replace a sensor that deals with emmissions or ignition controls, look for it on ebay, dealer or junk yard. make sure its a MOPAR original part. autozone, napa, and pep boys are CRAP for these sensors. (wells, etc...)

thanks

Jesus Sandiego DSM Owner.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #121635 Previous topic | Next topic