Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #120097
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: manifold really hot, really quick" Previous topic | Next topic
DspoppaJan-13-07 04:04 PM
Member since Oct 13th 2006
30 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120111, "RE: manifold really hot, really quick"
In response to In response to 11

The reason I did it with the motor running is most of the threads I found on here and a couple of others said that was the way to do it, and as much stuff other people get for asking the same questions I wasn't about to set myself up for that. Anyway the EGR appears to be working fine moves freely, and I got most of everything out. Its not the whole motor thats heating up, it doesn't even get warm. Its just the header, and EGR tube. I disconected the batt. to reset the computer, and cleaned the EGR, and disconected the down pipe off the header, removed the driver seat to allow me to get under the dash and checked everything I could get to and see, moved the fuse box to see behind it, everything looks ok, (not that I have a super idea as to what I was looking at), but no chaffed wires, all the harnesses connected. I got completely pissed and had to work on something else so I installed my Energy Suspension motor mount inserts(that I've had for about as long as I've own the car) since I had the car torn apart anyway. Put the batt. and everything back together, except the header, seat, dashthat kinda stuff and now the car wont start unless I push the gas pedal, and even then it just chugs and dies. Its kinda like its not getting enough gas, but I can't seem to find the fuse or relay for the fuel pump. Which would go with the guy at the parts store saying that it sounded like the car was running lean. I did the spraying the carb cleaner thing checking for vacuum leaks and didn't find any. I did a tune up about 2 months ago including a new fuel filter so I don't think thats clogged, I don't know anymore I'm just losing my mind. Thanks for any ideas you guys have, somethings got to work.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

manifold really hot, really quick [View all] , Dspoppa, Jan-12-07 05:33 PM
  RE: manifold really hot, really quick, tbone, Jan-13-07 03:59 AM, #1
RE: manifold really hot, really quick, BOOSTED ECLIPSE, Jan-13-07 04:08 AM, #2
      RE: manifold really hot, really quick, Dspoppa, Jan-13-07 04:46 AM, #3
           RE: manifold really hot, really quick, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-13-07 05:45 AM, #4
                RE: manifold really hot, really quick, Dspoppa, Jan-13-07 07:16 AM, #5
                     RE: manifold really hot, really quick, TJBrown, Jan-13-07 08:15 AM, #6
                          RE: manifold really hot, really quick, Dspoppa, Jan-13-07 11:38 AM, #7
                               RE: manifold really hot, really quick, dsmracr420a, Jan-13-07 11:56 AM, #8
                                    RE: manifold really hot, really quick, Dspoppa, Jan-13-07 12:17 PM, #9
                                         RE: manifold really hot, really quick, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-13-07 12:26 PM, #10
                                         RE: manifold really hot, really quick, turbo8u, Feb-05-07 09:20 PM, #35
                                              RE: manifold really hot, really quick, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Feb-08-07 03:29 PM, #36
                                         RE: manifold really hot, really quick, TJBrown, Jan-13-07 12:26 PM, #11
                                              RE: manifold really hot, really quick, Dspoppa, Jan-13-07 04:04 PM #12
                                                   RE: manifold really hot, really quick, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-13-07 04:08 PM, #13
                                                   RE: manifold really hot, really quick, Dspoppa, Jan-13-07 04:15 PM, #14
                                                        RE: manifold really hot, really quick, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-13-07 04:26 PM, #15
                                                             RE: manifold really hot, really quick, Dspoppa, Jan-13-07 04:51 PM, #16
                                                                  RE: manifold really hot, really quick, dsmracr420a, Jan-13-07 06:04 PM, #17
                                                                       RE: manifold really hot, really quick, Dspoppa, Jan-13-07 07:57 PM, #18
                                                                            RE: manifold really hot, really quick, Dspoppa, Jan-14-07 04:34 PM, #19
                                                                                 RE: manifold really hot, really quick, djtrickee, Jan-14-07 04:48 PM, #20
                                                                                      RE: manifold really hot, really quick, Dspoppa, Jan-14-07 05:14 PM, #21
                                                                                           RE: manifold really hot, really quick, elgordo, Jan-14-07 08:45 PM, #22
                                                   RE: manifold really hot, really quick, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-14-07 09:13 PM, #23
                                                        RE: manifold really hot, really quick, Dspoppa, Jan-15-07 10:33 AM, #24
                                                             RE: manifold really hot, really quick, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jan-15-07 07:14 PM, #25
                                                                  RE: manifold really hot, really quick, Dspoppa, Jan-16-07 09:06 AM, #26
                                                                       RE: manifold really hot, really quick, Pitchblack98, Jan-16-07 10:33 AM, #27
                                                                            RE: manifold really hot, really quick, Dspoppa, Jan-16-07 11:22 AM, #28
                                                                                 RE: manifold really hot, really quick, Dspoppa, Jan-17-07 01:57 PM, #29
                                                                                      RE: manifold really hot, really quick, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jan-17-07 04:26 PM, #30
                                                                                           RE: manifold really hot, really quick, Dspoppa, Feb-05-07 04:51 PM, #31
                                                                                                RE: manifold really hot, really quick, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Feb-05-07 04:58 PM, #32
                                                                                                     RE: manifold really hot, really quick, Dspoppa, Feb-05-07 06:03 PM, #33
                                                                                                          RE: manifold really hot, really quick, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Feb-05-07 08:44 PM, #34

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #120097 Previous topic | Next topic