Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #114118
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Coolant leak and Overheats (sorta long)" Previous topic | Next topic
tegsterAug-29-08 10:51 AM
Member since Sep 21st 2006
25 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#114123, "RE: Coolant leak and Overheats (sorta long)"
In response to In response to 4

I have had two major problems with those stupid hoses. The first happened last year while I was on the way to work on a freeway and all of a sudden my temp gauge reads max temp. There is a little traffic but a cement wall on both sides where I was at so I had to wait to exit and pull off the side of the road. Had it towed home and saw the giant slit in my hose. I replaced it and I am good to go.

In march this year I was overheating again and this time I live 5 mins from work since I moved and was 50 mins from work before. So I make it home before the car even fully warms up to normal temps and notice I have no coolant. Anyway, I see that my one hose touched the intake manifold and burned a little hole in it. ha. This time it was cold outside and I didnt have a lot of time but I had a friend help me and we managed to get that hose replaced using autozone hoses. Well in the process of getting that one fixed we managed to cut the other one some how so we had to go back and get another hose. haha. We fixed that one and I put these little cable sleeves we use at my work for high voltage just in case they decide to adjust themselves again. We did this without taking off the intake manifold and was A VERY TIGHT FIT.

Point of this story....I hate those damn heater hoses

oh and I agree in using autozone hoses. Cheaper and can get as much length as you want.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Coolant leak and Overheats (sorta long) [View all] , mysteryclipse21, Aug-25-08 11:31 AM
  RE: Coolant leak and Overheats (sorta long), daes_venge, Aug-25-08 01:25 PM, #1
RE: Coolant leak and Overheats (sorta long), TeamDR1665, Aug-27-08 08:15 AM, #2
      RE: Coolant leak and Overheats (sorta long), mysteryclipse21, Aug-28-08 11:43 AM, #3
           RE: Coolant leak and Overheats (sorta long), TeamDR1665, Aug-29-08 09:52 AM, #4
                RE: Coolant leak and Overheats (sorta long), tegster, Aug-29-08 10:51 AM #5
                     RE: Coolant leak and Overheats (sorta long), mysteryclipse21, Sep-04-08 01:56 PM, #6
                          RE: Coolant leak and Overheats (sorta long), TeamDR1665, Sep-05-08 06:37 AM, #7
                               RE: Coolant leak and Overheats (sorta long), mysteryclipse21, Sep-05-08 08:40 AM, #8
                                    RE: Coolant leak and Overheats (sorta long), mysteryclipse21, Oct-19-08 11:08 AM, #9
                                         RE: Coolant leak and Overheats (sorta long), mreigle, Oct-19-08 11:42 AM, #10

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #114118 Previous topic | Next topic