Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #108897
View in linear mode

Subject: "need a little insite..." Previous topic | Next topic
shazow1969Jun-07-08 04:25 AM
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
466 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108897, "need a little insite..."

To answer the question I know is gonna come up yes I did already search and I didn't really get any definative info.

Ok here's the story. I asked my cousin to watch my Eclipse while I was deployed because I trust him more than anyone as far as driving my car goes. He said yes and has been watching it since October for me in Missouri. Well last month he graduated College down there and it was time to pack up and move back to NY. Well he got almost half way home and the car began randomly shutting off. Some times it would stay running for a half hour or more. Other times it might not run more than 20 seconds.

He checked all the connections to all the sensors he could find and all of them looked and felt solid. He checked the wiring to the coil pack and all the sensors as well (I don't have EGR so the tube is gone from next to the head). He couldn't get it to stay running long enough to make any real progress in getting home, so he rented a truck and trailer from Uhaul (1100 I really didn't have to spend) to get it the rest of the way back to NY.

Here's the problem I have. I searched and searched and I already ordered the ASD/Fuel pump relay set from Mitsu. I am going to replace that either way, but if that does not solve the issue what other things do you guys suggest looking at. I am thinking it may be the CPS, because when the engine shuts off with the car coasting in gear the Tach goes to 0 rpm. Of course it may also be the PCM but I am leaning away from that since it's a 96 and those didn't really have the problems that the 95 did.

Reason I am asking is because I am still in Iraq and need the car to be running when I get home on leave in August. I am on a limited budget so I really don't want a shop to touch it because I am not willing or able to pay the $80 something an hour for a shop to diag it and make the repair. Plus if it does turn out to be the PCM I already have a Megasquirt to install in it that I have not been able to get to yet.

Thanks in Advance
-Kevin

01 Blazer LS 4.3/5spd dropped and clean DD
88 Camaro RS 361 CID with a 6spd and a bar 10 second street car on motor.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

need a little insite... [View all] , shazow1969, Jun-07-08 04:25 AM
  RE: need a little insite..., WickedESi, Jun-08-08 12:34 PM, #1
RE: need a little insite..., Moderatorbullettdsm, Jun-08-08 01:23 PM, #2
      RE: need a little insite..., Slo2g, Jun-08-08 04:58 PM, #3
           RE: need a little insite..., shazow1969, Jun-10-08 09:14 AM, #4
                RE: need a little insite..., shazow1969, Oct-18-08 04:20 AM, #5
                     RE: need a little insite..., Moderatorbullettdsm, Oct-18-08 08:01 AM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #108897 Previous topic | Next topic